Can somebody make a short test guide for the PSX4Android?

Varking

Reaction score
Just something simple for testing purposes with this information:

1) I went to X website for PSX ROMs.

2) I used X file for the BIOS.

3) I downloaded X game from said website.

4) I placed on SDCard in X folder.

5) I had to unzip/zip/do something to the file before I could play it/I just downloaded the file and did nothing to it and it worked fine.

Just trying to narrow down what my issue could be here as, as soon as I go and pick a .bin to play the emulator seems like it is trying to load something and then it always force closes. I can't get it to work.

cheesejam

Reaction score
If your file is an ".ecm" file it won't work. Download this first. In that download is a file named "unecm.exe". Slide your ".ecm" file onto that "unecm.exe" file, and it will automatically turn the file into something this emulator can read (usually a ".bin" file). Make sure to name the file something (Without getting rid of the ".bin"!) so you don't forget what each one is. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
.bins haven't been working for me, nothing has...I might just return this lol.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
It seems it may have been an issue with Ultimate Droid 3.5 . I tried to load them up and basically nothing would happen. The screen would stay black after I chose a .bin. Now, I upgraded to Ultimate Droid 4.0 and it works flawlessly. Final Fantasy Tactics is running amazingly smooth and there is nothing wrong with the sound, overclocked on low voltage 1.25ghz.

enkryptik

Reaction score
so is there a way to run compressed roms or does it only do straight rips? I have a few I've ripped back in the day but they are strictly rips and no compression. If already answered, sorry. There are just tons of threads on this already.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
so is there a way to run compressed roms or does it only do straight rips? I have a few I've ripped back in the day but they are strictly rips and no compression. If already answered, sorry. There are just tons of threads on this already.

Dunno if this helps:

-Supports BIN,ISO,IMG,PBP,Z,ZNX

When ripping DVDs the file extensions are usually ISO/BIN/IMG so I assume that is what you are referring to as an uncompressed rip, I would imagine it would work fine.

enkryptik

Reaction score
arg! won't take my ff7 iso or bin converted but tactics works great.