can some one please help me?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gramirezg21, Aug 5, 2011.

1. gramirezg21

gramirezg21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so recently my droid has died and my battery was coming up as invalid. I reset my phone and all that stuff but it was still invalid. So I emailed motorola and I just got my new battery in the mail today but my phone still says it was an invalid battery. So I went to verizon and told them my issue and they said there is nothing they can do in the store. Then he asked my if my phone was rooted I told him that I had it rooted but I unrooted my phone awhile ago. But what is weird is there is no sign of root or anything on my phone so I am wondering how he knew. I did everything to get rid of my root factory resting and SBFing back to stock completely. But he said that know there is nothing I can do about my phone except contact customer service about maybe getting a new phone. He said that it is unlikely that I will get a new phone because it was rooted what do I do?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. MattHenson20

MattHenson20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never admit to a root, call insurance, if its SBFed and stock, and tell em your battery connectors are malfunctioning and your phone wont recognize the battery anymore, don't mention it EVER being rooted

3. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    If you SBFed back to stock and removed all signs of root there shouldnt be anyway to tell your phone was at one time rooted. When I SBF the ONLY indication of root, that I am aware of, would be my purchased apps in my marketplace since many of them do require root. My guess is they just arbitrarily ask that question since it is pretty common.

Just try going to another VZW location or another rep. Like Matt said, never admit to rooting, ever. In fact I would just pretend like you didnt know what it was. Thats what I do. And I root everything, even tried to root my refrigerator last night to make it colder, didnt work sadly :)

4. MattHenson20

MattHenson20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :rofl3: Dear god, lol

5. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Agreed never admit to rooting they might think you also tried to overclock the droid and that's why it's not working. By any chance that you tried to recalibrate the battery? I know it says invalid but what does the phone say when you place it on the charger with the battery? Also maybe check the conductors maybe one is out of line or place or even corroded.
    Rofl! The fridge maybe a should try and root my toyota yaris see if I can get more gas efficiency.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

#5 comk4ver, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  6. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm sorry bro but the rooting of the refridgerater voids the fridgedare warranty...:-( lmao! Good one, people are staring as I spit coffee all over my desk...thanks bro I needed that!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

7. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    Did you root sir? Um no but a guy on droid forums said he once tried to root his fridge!:)

8. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Glad I could bring a little humor in here. What can I say I love rooted devices.

I forgot my disclaimer though. I don't condone insurance fraud. But if there is an actual hardware issue not caused by rooting I don't see any reason why someone can't unroot and get a replacement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#8 JSM9872, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  9. MattHenson20

MattHenson20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1, only if its not your fault

10. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    That's a fact! Its very sad how people expect others to replace a device they in fact messes up and that hurts all of us in the end.. I have never and will never send something back broken or self damaged by my own hand.. never.. I guess I just have a concious..lol