1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can Rooting allow a user to activate inactive functions?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mac Attack, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Mac Attack

Mac Attack New Member

So I did the Android 2.2 OS upgrade today. I was looking forward to being able to use the WiFi hotspotting option which is supposed to be i nthe v2.2 build. After installing it I found that Verizon blocked the hotspot option. What I want to know is if I root my Droid, will I be able to activate the hotspotting function?
  2. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

I think I read that the Droid 1 wasn't able to do the hotspot feature due to hardware limitations but u can still tether if I remember right
  3. aldeghij

aldeghij New Member

If you use wifi tether you CAN use the Droid 1 as a hotspot. Works great. :) And yes, you must be rooted.
  4. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

No, you cannot activate the hotspot function just by rooting - the functionality wasn't "removed", per se - it just wasn't ever fully added. It needs to have a wireless kernel driver that supports infrastructure (AP) mode, and the one that we have already doesn't. The "wifi tether" option that root users have been using since 2.0.1 uses ad-hoc wireless instead - and that should still work fine.
Search tags for this page
can an inactive cell phone be rooted
can i root an inactive phone & use it on wifi
can i root an nonactive phone
can you use a inactive droid 2 make a hotspot

how can i update my inactive droid x

how do you root a inactive droid phone

how to root my inactive droid x

how to use on an inactive droid x2
root inactive phone
rooting an inactive phone

use wifi on inactive droid 2