Can play store be set to update at specific times

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It uses battery when updating so even if set to wifi only it can drain battery during the day ie a wifi not at your house while plugged in. If it could be set to update only at night it would be better

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd set it to manual. then you can update when you want it... no schedule set as far I know

Tapped by NexusSix

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's the way I have it set up. No auto updating and not even notifications. I manually check before charging.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I also have it set to manual for the same reasons already mentioned, and one additional reason. I read each "What's new" section and new permissions. If I don't like it I don't update. How many time have we heard that someone updated all apps at once and then their phone went bonkers. Then when asked "have you updated any apps lately?" The answer is: "yes, I think so but I don't know which ones". I like to know what is updating so if the app update borks my phone I know exactly what app to uninstall.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJM

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I set mine to wifi only and don't worry about charge. I also have wifi turned off unless I'm connecting to a trusted network on purpose, so the majority of my updating happens while I'm at least at home, where my wall charger, spare battery, and battery pack/charger all usually are.

However, if I was concerned about what the OP is concerned about, I'd set it to manual for sure.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I also have it set to manual for the same reasons already mentioned, and one additional reason. I read each "What's new" section and new permissions. If I don't like it I don't update. How many time have we heard that someone updated all apps at once and then their phone went bonkers. Then when asked "have you updated any apps lately?" The answer is: "yes, I think so but I don't know which ones". I like to know what is updating so if the app update borks my phone I know exactly what app to uninstall.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who reads all that "stuff". ;)