Can only use pin or password screenlock with 2.2

gbecker

Reaction score
I just installed 2.2 on my Droid X, and when it first booted after install, it would not let me proceed without setting a PIN screenlock. I greatly dislike PIN and want pattern lock back, but when I go to settings to change it, the only options that are not greyed out are PIN and password....it simply will not allow me to either use pattern lock, or select "none". My partner has the exact same phone, and he is still able to use pattern lock without issue. This has become extremely frustrating, so any insight would be most appriciated. Thank you!

thedukey

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I was prompted and put in a pin. Now I cannot even turn it off.. it says remote phone administrator is controlling it, and is grayed out. It's getting extremely annoying.

steelhart

Reaction score
If you sync with exchange server for corporate e-mail ,exchange security requires a pin or password and deactivates pattern lock.Lockpicker on the market did work for me before 2.2

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Delete the account and re-add, It'll give you the options for pin or no pin.

Kellsann1973

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I was prompted and put in a pin. Now I cannot even turn it off.. it says remote phone administrator is controlling it, and is grayed out. It's getting extremely annoying.
Did you ever get insturctions to go back to pattern lock??? I hate the pin lock myself but I cant access it since I upgraded to 2.2

reddymi

Reaction score
I just did it (deleted the corporate sync acct) and it worked. Not sure you you to do the steps in this or but ....
. Delete corporate sync acct
. Go into settings/security and chang e the security to what you want (no longer grayed out)
. Add corporate acct back.

Thanks for the help.

jlcorbin19803

Reaction score
Successful

Just tried the delete/reload and works fine. I hate having a password. I don't leave my phone sitting around for other people to pick up anyway.
Thanks!

tek48

Reaction score
To get rid of the pin, go into OWA, Options and Manage Mobile Devices. Delete all devices and then go to the device and make a connection with Exchange. The two options that were greyed out are no longer greyed out.

tek48

Reaction score
Do not delete the actual Corporate account on your droid. Just go to OWA and delete the mobile device there. When you go to your droid and connect to Exchange, it will recreate the account in OWA. I did this and still have all the options (not greyed out).

garath

Reaction score
I have deleted the account, also went into the OWA account and deleted the device. When I added the Corporate Sync back in it worked for about an hour and then the password/security pin was back. Doing this twice now I don't know what more to do? Any other suggestions would sure be appreciated. I hate having to do the pin thing all the time.

Is a password required by your Exchange administrator? The bug is that 2.2 forced the password even though Exchange does not require it. If Exchange requires it then there is no workaround for that.