Can one flash the system only 2.3.340 over the OTA 2.3.340 update?

xmguy

Reaction score
My friend's Droid X is restarting all the time at random. Not sure what the cause he wants to flash the .340 update to it again. Thinking that the OTA update might have gotten corrupted. Can he use the system only 2.3.340 update to flash over the up-to-date fw he has now?

pyroelite

Reaction score
Yes, that will restore only the sys files with the 2.3.340 sbf & should leave data intact. But if you still get reboots, do a full restore which will erase data, so in either case backup your stuff first.

from my DX (GJar 1.9)

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Yes, that will restore only the sys files with the 2.3.340 sbf & should leave data intact. But if you still get reboots, do a full restore which will erase data, so in either case backup your stuff first.

from my DX (GJar 1.9)

Thank you.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can always do the full .32 sbf then use the pieces of the .34

both over at mydroidworld

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I thought you can't go backwards in fw only reflash current or move forward.

pyroelite

Reaction score

Right, but in this case, .32 (full sbf) was based off the leak & .34 (sys only) is the official - so still compatible

from my DX (GJar 1.9)

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Right, but in this case, .32 (full sbf) was based off the leak & .34 (sys only) is the official - so still compatible

from my DX (GJar 1.9)

so if im completely up to date with everything....2.2.1....2.3.340....baseband 1.09.07P....kernal 2.6.32.9-g55626e1....i can flash the .32 full SBF if need be? is that the one i downloaded called 'happy holidays' ?<<<<assuming all the SBF downloads were called the same thing lol

pyroelite

Reaction score
Well I have somewhat of a major prob cuz my stock recovery appears to be nonexistant... But I got into a bootloop transitioning roms & sbf'd the .34 sys. Got it running but couldn't reroot. Tried the .32 full (tbh happy holidays) & it said it flashed fine, but on the reboot, it didn't look like anything had changed... Not sure if that was part of the missing stock recovery or not. But I finally got z4root to go & then clockwork.

But to answer your question, if you bootloop & can't clockwork, in stock recovery try factory reset 1st (to preserve root). If that doesn't work, .34 sys sbf, & last .32.

from my DX (GJar 1.9)