can one auto refuse 2.3.20 update?

natas420

Reaction score
Woke up this morning with the ugly gray screen telling me the phone has downloaded the 2.3.20 update and is asking me to install now or install later in 12 hours. I don't want to update this phone, at least not yet..and I don't want to have to keep hitting cancel when this comes up every 12 hours. Are there are any workarounds for this issue? Thanks.

OP
N

natas420

Reaction score
Well I followed this thread:

[HOW TO] Disable OTA Updates for Motorola droid

Basically, renaming the otacerts.zip to .otacerts.zip.bak will hopefully do the trick. I haven't changed roms just rooted, and until there is an .sbf for 2.3.20 I'm not updating..I'm not a mason :icon_eek:.

*well I just realized there is an .sbf out..but I don't like the idea of not able to downgrade.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well at some point you're going to want to take the updates and I would anticipate not being to downgrade ever again. If there's an sbf then there's a safety net.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
N

natas420

Reaction score
spaz33g, definitely. I just don't like being..no pun intended "pushed" to upgrade..I like to be able to set the terms (haha terms).

And I'm still getting that upgrade box...grrrr

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
If all you did was root and no other modifications, why don't you want the update?
It will only remove root, which you can redo after the update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will be assimilated.;) Droid updates are pretty much mandatory. And despite what you might read they are beneficial for your Droid. If you have any issues after an update a Factory Data Reset should clear it up.