Solved Can not use explorer from computer on Maxx

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I used to be able to just plug my phone via usb into my computer and it would allow me to use windows explorer to move around inside the phone, exchange files, pics, move ringtones on and off etc etc

But it seems after the last update on my phone that doesn't work anymore. I get the found new hardware window that asks me where to look for the software to connect with......

How do I correct this ?????

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
OK it wasn't enabled but I just enabled it and I still get the Found New Hardware Wizard.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have the most up to date version of Moto Device Manager installed on your computer?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Do you have the most up to date version of Moto Device Manager installed on your computer?

No I don't think I do. I will do that as soon as I get home.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No I don't think I do. I will do that as soon as I get home.
You can download it from the Moto website...or when the phone connects you should see a prompt to install the software and drivers. If you have an older version on your computer you might have to open Control Panel > Remove Programs and uninstall the older version & reboot. Then either download the latest or when tour phone connects without the MDM installed....you should see a prompt to install it.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
That did it Sajokaz. Everything works fine now... Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That did it Sajokaz. Everything works fine now... Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.....
Awesome...glad things are working better!