can not tether with pdanet???

chromashadows

Reaction score
I did a search but no one seems to have this problem.
I went to the website after going to app market to get pdanet. I set up my phone to where that usb bugging is checked.
I did this all twice with the phone plugged into the usb port the whole time and then with the phone unplugged into the usb port.
Run win 7 64 bit.

okay I downloaded the driver from Download PdaNet
for the 64 win 7 like it says. Downloaded it all to pc. a pop up shows saying I have to do usb driver installation which it has. So I hit ok. it then pops up saying that no android exists on my pc. Behind all these popups is a pop up which says
performing additional setups, please wait;
installing usb driver.

but it doesn't DO anything.

I cant get this to work or that other Easy Tether to work either. I'm getting mad cuz it says everywhere it is so easy to do. Help? (sorry about type-o's. New fake nails. pain in the butt)

OP
chromashadows

chromashadows

Reaction score
Ok I got it set up on my droid but pdanet still wont download onto my actual pc. Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I''m 2 days new to this eris and need to tether for school when I go on trips. It is the main reason I got this phone. All of the above is still happening and I have tried downloading and redownloading and it's NOT going onto my pc. It seems to not be downloading the driver yet it seems to be there. When I first plugged my eris into the pc it downloaded drivers. I'm assuming those are what this is refering to. Please help.

yes, I have that usb thing set to on on my phone still. it says it's hooked up fine and I just need to turn on the pda net from my desktop.
there is no desktop thing. I need the desktop thing, lol, but it will not properly download. help... I'm begging ya kind fellow droidians.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the Moto Droid, there is a driver package distributed for the phone that handles a lot of the necessary communication between the phone and the PC. I dont know if one exists for the Eris, but this could likely be the source of your problems. I did a quick search, but I cant seem to find a link. Maybe someone with an Eris can point you in a better direction.

Also, consider Bluetooth as an option if you absolutely cant make the USB version work. With the 3G network being what it is, and the bandwidth available via BT, you should have no problem getting a fairly quick connection this way.

Good luck.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Likely. Since you're having problems with both EasyTether and PDANet, then I'll wager that it's a driver issue or configuration problem on your PC.

OP
chromashadows

chromashadows

Reaction score
doggone it. :(

Yanno, I bought a brand new asus gaming laptop with i5 and had to return it cuz it was malfunctioning.
Got my eris and they had to replace it 3 days later due to it malfunctioning too (legit malfunctions on both)
same things happened to me with ps1, ps2, xbox 360........ now this.
I think I'm meant to be a beta since I always get the broken items. Seriously it is NEVER a user fault: it is always due to bad processors, bad programming, bad motherboards, bad eyes (ps2, etc) and so on. I always have to return new things and get a second one and then it works fine.

Oh, I even tried to go on HTC.com for the htc connect and their site has NO htc eris on there ANYWHERE so my connect doesn't even work on my pc.
sigh

OP
chromashadows

chromashadows

Reaction score
Solution: at least for me.

Ok, I figured it out.

The HTC sync had to be uninstalled. I do not know why that was the problem but I tried it and everything set up perfectly 1-2-3.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future. I wish I could edit the title of this original post to make it more obvious to seekers.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out.

The HTC sync had to be uninstalled. I do not know why that was the problem but I tried it and everything set up perfectly 1-2-3.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future. I wish I could edit the title of this original post to make it more obvious to seekers.

Weird -- glad you got it worked out.