Can not root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by debdado, Oct 23, 2010.

1. debdado

debdado Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have spent countless hours reading forums, googling, downloading, etc. Please read this and let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

I had my droid x rooted when on 2.1. I did the OTA 2.2 update. My phone is now 2.2 VZW. I own a mac computer. I have VMware Fision, but I suck on a PC (nothing every goes right).

I have tried many things but it seems that my phone still has the remnants of Super User Permissions (icon on screen, but not really on droid). No one-step method works-says I am already rooted, but I am not. I have down loaded rageagainstthecage directly on the phone as a zip file. When I extract I do not get a .bin file. The .bin is missing. I really need help as I am obsessed with this. If someone has any ideas and wants to PM me, I am OK with that. I will offer a stipend to fix this up. Thanks in advance.

#1 debdado, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    As a stipend, I will only ask one MILLION dollars! Just kidding.

Now you say you have "downloaded rageagainstthecage directly on the phone as a zip file". But you don't way where you are downloading it from and/or what thread/guide you are using. If I take what you said exactly as you say it, I am led to believe that the file you are downloading is not actually called "rageagainstthecage.zip", understand where I am coming from?

Anyways, the thread I am going to link has you download a rageagainstthecage.zip file to your phone, etc., but more importantly it is full of Droid X owners who have used it to root successfully. Use step 2 option a. Read it a couple of times first, and then even better, print it out and carefully check off the steps as you go.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

good luck

3. debdado

debdado Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You ROCK, teddyearp!!!!! Please let me know where to donate some bucks. I am now happy:icon_ banana: and content:) Thank you soooooo much.

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Glad I could help. I got all the info free, but if you really wanna give some money, give to the next homeless person you see.

5. Vaxxxx

Vaxxxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this too. Nice way to be.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

rageagainsthecage.zip

rageagainstthecage download
rageinthecage droid x .621