1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can not remove Droid X boot animation

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by IronFox, Aug 10, 2010.

1. IronFox

IronFox New Member

After trying JRummy's Droid X themed ROM, I decided to go back to my previous backup of v0.4 but the Droid X boot animation is still there. So I tried the Bugless Beast's Toolkit custom boot animation and that did not get rid of it. Any ideas on going back to the stock Droid 1 animation?
  2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

BB comes with the dx animation. I believe the script just changes it back to dx if you changed it. My suggestion is find the d1 animation and install it using a file manager... i use terminal but they say copy and paste is easier.
  3. IronFox

IronFox New Member

Thanks, didnt realize that BB shipped with droid x boot
  4. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

BB Toolkit has a script for changing your boot animation. Just find the one you like, put the .zip file on the root of your SD card and rename it to bootanimation.zip. Run BB Toolkit, click on scripthelper then switchboot (droidboot installs a set animation), click switchboot, and Bob's your uncle that's your new boot animation.

Also, I'm 90% sure that when I installed BB it didn't have the X animation, but I could be wrong. I switched it anyway.
  5. srroos

srroos New Member

BB v0.4 does come with the Droid X boot animation, but the droidboot script should switch to a simpler, faster booting animation. Do you have su access when you run the script?