Can not drag icons to the left panels

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I had this in the help, but no answer:

I am stock, and will reman so. I have noticed that I can not drag/move my icons to the left panels. Works fine when I drag/move icons to the right panels. Any help?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Works for me. Just hold the icon and you should see a small outline of the homescreen on the left, just hover over it and it'll bring you to that home page.

Another way to do it is just start on that screen

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I am able to press and hold the icon till the grid shows. When I drag the icon to the farthest left edge, the screen does not move to the next left panel. Works fine when dragging to the right. Guess a factory reset is in the works. Hate that I lose everything on the phone during the reset. I have 1500 plus songs I have to move over to the PC before ding a reset!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Just did the factory reset. Wow the performance that came back! Lol... However I still can not drag to the left. Going to try the alternate reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Does Galaxy work like other Android OS? Go to the home screen you want the app on. Open app drawer. Find the app. Long press app. Pick the "add to home screen" option. Done

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Nexus has 5 home screens, maybe you went to the furthest panel to the left already.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Does Galaxy work like other Android OS? Go to the home screen you want the app on. Open app drawer. Find the app. Long press app. Pick the "add to home screen" option. Done
You can go to the homescreen panel you want and add an icon from the menu. OP just wants to figure out why he can't drag to the left. I have a feeling they already went to the furthest panel.

OP, forgot to mention when you get to the furthest panel the grid still shows, but I believe animates inward because it is the last panel.