Can not connect to WiFi Router w/GN2

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I can not connect to my Router with my Note 2. I was able to with no issues with my S3. I can however connect to my Extender. Has anyone else have issues telling you you entered the wrong WiFi Password and you are using the right one?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hi.. I have no ideas but wanted to bump this thread and ask if any resolution?

Noted2x..

Reaction score
wifi

It has something to do with the security settings on the device and the network. I work at a public school and my note 10.1 and my note 2 will not connect on the School's network but work on every other network I have ever tried to connect to. I think samsung put out an update and it's just catching up to people now. If you do a google search they have plenty of fixes for att and sprint but not verizon. The software is slighty different so the fixes don't apply to the verizon versions.. They clame to turn go into settings and wifi and turn off. Sprint has a problem setting that keeps turning wifi on called Connections Optimizer
AT&T has a problem setting that keeps turning wifi on called Smart WIFI
Verizon has a problem setting that keeps turning wifi on ( Settings>Wi-Fi> (menu button) advanced>uncheck Auto-connect)

none of this works for me.. I need wifi at work cause the 4g/3g signal is so week.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I Reset my Router and it did connect after that but I had no changes made to it. My S3 had no Problems and none of my other devices either. Only the Note 2.

amallica

Reaction score
fix it

I can not connect to my Router with my Note 2. I was able to with no issues with my S3. I can however connect to my Extender. Has anyone else have issues telling you you entered the wrong WiFi Password and you are using the right one?

ATTENTION! Jelly bean 4.2.1 BREAKS WIFI on Galaxy Note 2 ! DOn't install it!
If you already installed it, and your wifi is broke. Install these two very popular programs below. They fix the wifi. Don't ask me why, but it worked for us. I found it on another forum.

Wifi Analyser
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEwMiwiY29tLmZhcnByb2Mud2lmaS5hbmFseXplciJd

Wifi Connecter Library
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsImNvbS5mYXJwcm9jLndpZmkuY29ubmVjdGVyIl0.