1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can not boot into Clockworkmod Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dalegg, Jan 15, 2011.

1. dalegg

dalegg New Member

I am running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 on my original Droid. I can not boot into Clockworkmod Recovery by either using Rom Manager to "Reboot into Recovery" or by using the power/keyboard/X key. Either one just goes in the normal boot. I have done "Flash Clockworkmod Recovery" and then tried it but it still boots up normally. It worked a few days ago.
    Anyone have any idea why recovery would just be ignored?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. speedfreeq

speedfreeq New Member

Try flashing the alternate (SPR) recovery through ROM Manager, then flash back to CWR.

-from my 1.1 GHz PEv4 Droid
  3. dalegg

dalegg New Member

!!!

That did it, thanks a bunch.
  4. bjmacdow

bjmacdow New Member

thank you for posting this. I have the same problem. tried the fix above by flashing sprecovery, then flashed to cwr and it still booted normally when I went to boot into recovery mode from Rom Manager. Any ideas? I am running the newest bugless beast right now.

Should I try alternate recovery flash, cwr flash, and then try to boot into recovery with the 'x' power button option? I tried that previously without doing the alternate recovery flash first.

I too have an original droid.

Thank you!
  5. bjmacdow

bjmacdow New Member

update

CWR didn't work; but when I selected to boot into sprecovery, it worked fine. I think I am all set; but still don't know why CWR didn't work?? Thank you. This is a great forum...
  6. dalegg

dalegg New Member

I am glad you got it fixed. I think I had the same problem. I used Rom manager to flash alternate recovery then flash CWM recovery and it fixed it,
  7. wahhday

wahhday New Member

what does performing a flash actually do? i'm new to rooting and was following a tutorial that instructed me to first get ROM manager and then perform: flash and then backup before loading custom ROMs.

upon loading ROM Manager for the first time, i chose to flash CWM recovery. after performing backup, i was unable to load into CWM recovery. at this point, if i were to flash SPR then flash back to CWM do i need to perform another backup? i am under the impression that a flash of the recovery somehow affects the backup file. are they not related at all?

my question is if i first flashed recovery then did back up, then re-flashed to SPR and back to CWR and am able to boot into CWR, am i good to proceed with wiping/installing a custom ROM with full confidence that my backup ROM is good?
Search tags for this page

clockworkmod 5.0.2.5

clockworkmod rom manager p999 how to boot into recovery mode

clockworkmod+recovery+does+not boot

cwm recovery mode could not do normal boot

droid bionic not boot into clockworkmod

droid incredible boot into clockworkmod

lgp509+how+to+boot+in clockworkmod

original droid rom manager can't boot into recovery

why is clockworkmod no longer showing when i boot my phone i

won't boot to clockworkmod recovery boots normal recovery