can no longer send/receive texts or calls

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by RedHeadMeg, Dec 18, 2011.

1. RedHeadMeg

RedHeadMeg New Member

I'm new to the forum and I hope someone can help. My phone can no longer send texts when I'm home, and I receive texts hours after they are sent, if ever. For example, my dad texted me a little before 5pm, and I received it after 11:30pm. Sometimes my texts might go through, but I have to keep resending and resending until finally it's sent. Also, phone calls no longer connect. The phone seems to work when I'm not at home, but I do have to resend texts at least a few times per day. I have a Verizon tower approx 6 miles from my house, so there really shouldn't be a signal issue. I've been to 4 different Verizon stores, each did something different to my phone (software upgrade, factory reset, etc) and then said there's nothing they can do about it, I just have to buy a new phone. Well, that's not in the budget right now. Hope someone can help, thanks!
  2. Anubis520

Anubis520 New Member

you will need to call tech support and ask them to issue a work order to check the tower for channel drop off had this same issue last week when I had my bionic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  3. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Welcome to the forums! While you are at home dial *228. They probably tried it at the store but try again. If you get through select option 2 to update the towers (roaming ability). It will ruin through a programming then reboot. Dial it again and choose option 1 and wait for it to reboot again. If you still can't make a call you might consider rooting the phone and see if that works. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!
  4. RedHeadMeg

RedHeadMeg New Member

Thanks Firefighter. Believe it or not, I tried doing the *228 thing and it took over 20 minutes for even THAT to connect, and that didn't help much either. Although, I didn't try to do the two different options, so I'll try that now, thank you!
  5. RedHeadMeg

RedHeadMeg New Member

Thanks Anubis, I'll try that out! No one else in my house has had signal issues, but I'm the only one with a smart phone, so hopefully when I call tech support, they'll be able to sort out my confusion, and the tower will be better. :)
Search tags for this page
cant send or receive texts/calls on htc droid dna
droid 2 wont send or recieve texts
droid 4 won't connect calls send texts

droid incredible 2 wont send texts

droid razr maxx wont make calls
htc droid incredible 4g wont send texts or allows calls
htc incredible 1 wont send texts make calls
htc incredible won't call out
htc one wont call or text
my android wont send or recieve texts or calls verizon
my phone no longer receives texts or calls