Can multiple droids use one calendar?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by LesleyDk, Feb 5, 2010.

1. LesleyDk

LesleyDk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to set up 2 Droid phones to use one calendar. Each Droid is connected to a company server and has email coming in thru Outlook. What we want is 2+ Droid phones to see ONE calendar. I had a few options in which none he liked..
    * Set up a Gmail account and have all the Droid phones log into that ONE Gmail account and use that email
    * Have everyone share their calendars in outlook (My boss said no because that doesn’t allow you to use one calendar you just view everyone's sparely)
    * Have one person control one calendar (Didn’t like that because what if that one person isn’t in that day)
    * I also tried to look for an app (I have an Iphone) that you log into a calendar but I didn’t see one.

Could someone please help.

2. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Each phone is already going to have their own Gmail account (so they do not... and probably should not share the same Gmail account). With one of the accounts, you could however, set up a second calendar that could be "shared" between the two accounts (this way they maintain both their individual private Calendars, and also see the one "shared" calendar)

3. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OP, this will be your best solution, if you wish to use GMAIL in this capacity. one of the users will still ultimately own the calendar, but you can share editing controls, etc. in the calendar and give it a common name, like shared calendar.

my wife and i share calendars. the only downside to how we do it is if we send each other appointments, we see the same appointment on both calendars, making it look duplicated.

to help with further confusion, color code everything online. all of your calendar's appointments will show up in that specific color, even on your phone.

4. zakany

zakany Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can share a gmail calendar and set both people's computers to use one of them as the "default" calendar for making appointments.

5. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For safety reasons, I believe Google only allows a certain number of simultaneous log ins for Gmail.

Do what the others suggested. Set up the Gmail account with the calender you're wanting, and have the subsequent accounts connected to that calender. You need to do this within the web interface of Gmail. I forget exactly how to do it, but it should be pretty simple.

Search tags for this page
app that allows calendar sharing with wife
best calendar share app for iphone and droid
droid calendar sharing
droid calendar to share online
how to share calendar between android phones
how to share calendars on 2 phones
how to share samsung s calendar with wife

share calendar droid

share calendars on two phones with the same email address
shared calendars for iphone and droid