Can miui be used as a daily driver

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
Is it stable enough for me to use it as my regular rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jev

Reaction score
Yes.
It works for me with only one small annoyance. After a call the screen dims and sometimes doesn't come back to full brightness. Other than that, no problems.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Yes... it has been my daily driver for a couple of months now. This last release has been, by far, the mort stable.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

DROOIID

Reaction score
Flash the deprimed ulv kernel with it. Seems to be the kernel of choice for this rom

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would say to flash a Deprimed or ChevyNo1 kernel, then run the V6 Script to change your memory modes (i used options 8 and 12 i believe) - Its a smooth beast.

saturnalius

Reaction score
@IcculusX: How has your experience with apps closing in the background been? I know that is your biggest issue with GB and mine too which is why I'm still rocking Sourcery. I tried the new MIUI out and I liked it. But I wouldn't use it as a daily unless last.fm will play for a whole trip with navigation. Or last.fm or subsonic or miui will play while browsing etc.

DROOIID

Reaction score
You can lock an app in memory with a script ... that should keep a background app running

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
saturnalius - So far so good with the V6 script. I have played music and browsed the web, and all is fine. I have not been on a navigating car trip yet, but am going this saturday... so we shall see...

But yea, look on the way bottom of the MIUI post, there is a built in script to run that locks an app in memory...

groovydeus

Reaction score
saturnalius - So far so good with the V6 script. I have played music and browsed the web, and all is fine. I have not been on a navigating car trip yet, but am going this saturday... so we shall see...

But yea, look on the way bottom of the MIUI post, there is a built in script to run that locks an app in memory...

Running V6/ChevyNo1 1.1 lv as well and have had no problems - to follow up on Icculus' post, I did an hour and a half drive yesterday with navigation on - no problem, received two calls without issue and back to nav when call ended. The only problem I am running into with nav is that I used to be able to turn the screen off (if I was on a long stretch to reduce heating and charging issues - audio would still indicate if a turn was coming up)...something with the auto-brightness or GB causes the screen to open right back up if you turn it off while on nav. Anyhow, very happy with this combination of ROM, Kernel and V6 script.

saturnalius

Reaction score
Well I'm on MIUI again now. Did you guys use the recommended settings for the script? And also, I have two questions about the lockscreen. 1. Is there any way to get the text messages to automatically display. I know you can hold the icon down for that but id like them to do that automatically when they come in. 2 has anyone had any success getting the lockscreen music controls to work with anything but MIUI music. I've been playing with it and it only displays song, album art etc for miui music, it won't show anything for last.fm or subsonic. The controls don't work either.

Last edited:

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you use the latest build from TP4Bama and myself, the rom will come with the same settings as V6 Script selecting 8 and 11. (multitasking memory settings and hard to kill launcher) I have found this works best for multitasking. If you do not do any multitasking, using a different option will allow the rom to run faster/smoother, but you will probably have more issues and slowdown w/ locking an app in memory.

The build does not conflict with V6, so if you run the script, it will make changes and if you have the script undo its changes, it will return to the default system (multitasking memory settings with hard to kill launcher).