Can JIT be disabled in a Froyo rom?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xliderider, Jul 27, 2010.

1. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My Droid will not run any Froyo rom without freezing, lagging, and becoming unresponsive to all touchscreen and softkey input. Plus a lot of FCs on top of that with launchers (tried them all) and the Android system. I've also tried lv kernels, mv kernels, and standard voltage kernels. All of them behave the same, as i never oc higher than 800mhz normally.

My droid runs 2.1 roms fine. So I'm thinking that the major difference between 2.1 and 2.2 roms is that the JIT compiler is enabled in Froyo. Correct?

I am willing to sacrifice the huge performance increases that JIT provides, but this would be an experiment to see if it is indeed the JIT compiler that is causing my droid to choke and freeze and reboot.

So, my question is, can the JIT compiler be disabled or bypassed in a 2.2 rom?

2. dono

dono New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The latest Cyanogen build has a choice to disable JIT under Cyanogen Settings>Performance settings.

Good luck

3. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I guess I missed that. I just had CM06 RC2 on my droid for the last day and a half.

I'll give it a shot. ;)

4. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ah well... that didn't go well at all. Same FCs, freezing and unresponsive screens. Disabling JIT didn't make a bit of difference. If anything, it made it worse.

At this point, I'm waiting for Verizon to officially release 2.2 so I can take my droid in and tell them it doesn't run froyo.

Search tags for this page

enable or disable jit android