can it be done???????? yes -no

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICHJMS

Reaction score
ok someone please tell me ive been reading alot about the "DATA" PLAN deal, and have read so much inside and out but ive not gotten a straight answer yet!!!!! I BOUGHT A DROID PAID CASH FOR IT CAN I GET IT HOOKED UP ON MY VERIZON ACCOUNT WITHOUT THE DATA PLAN????, ALL I WANT TO DO IS TEXT AND TALK!! THANKS R. JAMES MILLERSVILLE FIRE DEPT.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Unfortunately, I doubt it. All smart phones now require a data plan.

OP
R

RICHJMS

Reaction score
Thanks , thats what im getting at no one if 100% sure , there either doubting it or 90% someone has to know. Thanks though

JCo352

Reaction score
I was under the impression you could if you bought it out right, I could be wrong. I thought the data plan was only required if you sign up for a contract.

lockman

Reaction score
Rich, unfortunately, no. You Must have a data plan. Only other option might be
flashing the phone to another CDMA carrier like MetroPCS.
Millersville, MD?

screwby

Reaction score
actually you should be able able to activate the phone without a data plan if you bought it outright. i just activated my windows mobile phone without data for my nephew. data is only when you get contract pricing on the device.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another option if all you want to do is to Text and Talk is to sell the Droid and get a simpler phone. The should eliminate the need for a data plan.

Reaction score
No you cannot have a droid on vzw their is no way around it end of story, sorry that you alredy paid for the phone but maybe u can either just pay for the data plan or try to get ur money back for the phone?

OP
R

RICHJMS

Reaction score
Not worried about that i only paid $100 for a 2 month any old droid im not out anything

Reaction score
seriously, i have no idea why anyone in this thread is saying anything than it cant be done.

IT CAN'T BE DONE.

I dare anyone to prove me wrong, i guarantee no one has a droid on verizon without the data plan.

the answer to everything is 42. the answer to this post is no. sorry..

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
seriously, i have no idea why anyone in this thread is saying anything than it cant be done.

IT CAN'T BE DONE.

I dare anyone to prove me wrong, i guarantee no one has a droid on verizon without the data plan.

the answer to everything is 42. the answer to this post is no. sorry..

So, to clarify, you don't need a data plan? :icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.