can I write on top bar where clock is?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by blnko6, Mar 22, 2010.

1. blnko6

blnko6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there any way I can personalize the top bar with my last last name or something. maybe instead of the clock or anywhere really.
    thanks for the info.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im sure you can, but I havnt seen it done yet... you can change the 'verizon wireless' text when you drop the bar down... thats in the forums somewhere...

3. zathus

zathus Member

Ratings:
    +8

you can, kinda. there are 2 ways. you can just write your name in the statusbar_background.9 png file. located at framework-res>res>drawable-hdpi. or you can do what I did, combind the 3G icons with the cell signal icons to make one word. heres an example of what I mean..

[​IMG]

its a little harder doing it this way only b/c the area given for the 3g icon is slightly smaller then the area given for the cell signal so it takes a little trial and error to make sure there both the same size..

hope this helps your question

EDIT: to add to that, you could just change out a icon all together with your last name or something. like for example, you can make the alarm clock icon your name, or the bluetooth icon ext...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  4. blnko6

blnko6 Member

Ratings:
    +0

yeah thats what i was talking about, do u know what editing tool or program he used to wire that ?

Search tags for this page

clock i can write on

how to write our name instead of clock on iphone