Can I use the Web through WiFi in Singapore or overseas?

spmcc

Reaction score
I just got my Droid, and am going to Singapore this summer. I know I can't use the phone part, but does anyone know if my Droid will be able to access the Web and e-mail if I have access to WiFi while I'm there?

Thanks,
a newbie.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
My sister just went to Guam and Japan and. Had no problems with wifi .... at the airports anyway

lee henry

Reaction score
data charge?

I was told that one could get on the internet is say Europe with Wifi, however there would be a data charge for email etc???
Lee

Mawg

Reaction score
I just got my Droid, and am going to Singapore this summer. I know I can't use the phone part, but does anyone know if my Droid will be able to access the Web and e-mail if I have access to WiFi while I'm there?

Thanks,
a newbie.

What makes you think you can't use your 'phone? it's tri or quad-band, I presume? You will be fine with 900 or 1800 - see this page GSM Coverage Maps | Singapore

If it's one of those weird American contract things, that your TelCo won't let you roam overseas, you can buy a pre-paid SIM card when you get here for s$18 (approx US$12.50).

Wifi coverage is good, especially in McD's, StarBucks, hotels, and shopping malls. Singapore will have free country-wide hi-speed wifi by 2015 (a little late for you). Before you come over, register for Wireless@SG at ::SingTel::-Consumer