can I use iTunes music videos/converted mp4 videos?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by joshwithachance, Mar 21, 2010.

1. joshwithachance

joshwithachance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have an iPhone but my droid is coming in on Wednesday and I was wondering if I can use my iTunes videos? if not, can I at least use my converted mp4s? I convert in 480x360 or 640x480.

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure about the DRM on iTunes, but the Droid supports the same file types, MP4s.

3. joshwithachance

joshwithachance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think anything on iTunes is DRM protected anymore... but I may be wrong aha. thanks for the speedy reply!

so 640x480 videos will play even though the screen res is 480x854?

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, it'll stretch them in whatever direction it has to to maximize one of the dimensions. Just like standard 4:3 pictures will play in your 16:9 HDTV, yay black bars.

480x854 is the maximum resolution. Videos with less resolution will be stretched, videos with greater resolution will be compressed.

5. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your converted movies should play fine, however, the ones purchased through iTunes as well as "Digital Copy" ones are linked to your iTunes account, and will only play in iTunes that is "Authorized" to your account. The Droid (as well as all other non-apple devices) does not have this activation system, and will not play these files. Even if you transfer your purchased videos to a different computer with iTunes, if that computer is not "Authorized" with your account, it will also not play those files.
    TuneBite, as well as other commercial iTunes DRM removal tools run on your "Authorized" computer, and play the file while recording, similar as dubbing VHS tapes or recording a VHS to DVD using a standalone DVD burner.
    In my opinion, it is easier to just rent the DVDs and convert them.

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Remember people Droid Forums does not support discussions of removing DRM or anything else that's illegal. This means we cannot have programs recommended to do this. Those post have been deleted.

Search tags for this page

mp4s not playing in itunes anymore