Can I use DM to do this?

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by joker402, Apr 26, 2010.

1. joker402

joker402 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I was on 2.1. I posted a thread on how to root 2.1.
    I was linked to this thread 2.1 Rooting - Android Central Forums and after doing the RSDlite and flashing SBFrecovery I went to the next step to flash a rom.
    I downloaded Ultimate droid, renamed it to update.zip and when i went to flash the rom i got the "no such file or directory installation aborted." error.
    I retried with Cyanogen and same thing.
    Then I was messing around in SBFrecovery and I did a NANdroid restore and ended up with 2.0.1.

Now this is sweet and it got me back to the point where I was using DroidMod but id like to use a diffrent rom. Can I use DM to flash a diffrent rom?

2. GiantDroid

GiantDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't find a way to use DM to flash a different ROM. I just followed the steps posted for the UltimateDroid and it installed no problems. Just remember to drop the update.zip file in the root folder. When you reboot into recovery mode, it should find the file. Also, linux is case sensitive. Of course, as always, ymmv

3. tech44

tech44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Easiest way i found was to use Rom Manager

4. joker402

joker402 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ii think I'm f'ed now, I went back to 2.0 with nan droid, rooted wit dm and then went back to 2.1 because the stupid update came threw, now I can't get back into my bootloader by doinf the x and powerkey method, I get the triangle and ! With the phone but can't get passed that.