can i use a prepay plan for motorola droid 4?

jynxi

Reaction score
I recently purchased a droid 4 used, I was told I could do a prepaid plan with it. It didn't have a SIM card in it and when I contacted verizon they said you have to get a contract with it but I've heard from others that's not the case. Please help.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Interested to see if you can do this.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I recently purchased a droid 4 used, I was told I could do a prepaid plan with it. It didn't have a SIM card in it and when I contacted verizon they said you have to get a contract with it but I've heard from others that's not the case. Please help.

If on Verizon, you can get on their prepaid plan easily.
Just transfer your Verizon number by dialing *22898 and enter your current number you are porting, your 4 digit account password, and your phone will be programmed right then.
You can select a prepaid plan, and use your debit/credit card for auto-refill at that time.
You may have to actually talk to a CSR for the swap, depending on your status, but if moving from a different carrier, and your phone is a model available for Verizon customers already, I doubt you will have problems.
With all the Verizon phones we have owned, none had a SIM card, only a micro-SD card port, but I can not speak for every model here, only what we have experienced. We used to be contract customers, but moved to prepaid.

Last edited: