Can I upgrade from .2233 to .235 or higher?

elibionic

Reaction score
yea, am i stuck at .2233? If i can upgrade can i just load it on my phone without unlocking?

OP
E

elibionic

Reaction score
The thing is that I installed the "update" to .2233 without rooting/unlocking... just put it on the sd memory and loaded it. could I do the same procedure for a higher number Rom? (like .235)

linuxgator

Reaction score
The thing is that I installed the "update" to .2233 without rooting/unlocking... just put it on the sd memory and loaded it. could I do the same procedure for a higher number Rom? (like .235)

Nope, the update checks to make sure that you're on .905 before installing. Though technically if you use the HoB method linked to in post #2 of this thread, I don't think you have to root.

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
Nope, the update checks to make sure that you're on .905 before installing. Though technically if you use the HoB method linked to in post #2 of this thread, I don't think you have to root.

HoB does not require root. You can use HoB to update to a newer leak. Every one is suggesting not to go past 232 because the security changed and you cant go back to 905. The second option is to FXZ back to 905 then apply 232, but HoB is easier. Read the HoB OP and understand what you are about to do. You can brick your phone.

OP
E

elibionic

Reaction score
is there a big enough difference between .2233 and 232 to warrant the update?