1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I undo an update?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by meenzal, Sep 10, 2011.

1. meenzal

meenzal New Member

A few days ago I got an automatic update to my Droid 2. The update changed the look and function of my phone considerably, and the WiFi in it hasn't been the same since. I have a Parrot AR.Drone and was happily using the AR.Pro app to drive the drone. Since the update, I lose connection to the drone after a few seconds of use. I hate everything about this update. I want to keep my phone stock, unrooted, and running as it did prior to this last update. Is there anything I can do to get my phone back to the great phone I loved before the update hosed it?
  2. Ellyenne

Ellyenne New Member

Ditto:
    While there are some things the GB updated fixed (like finally not deleting the space before the ampersand), it added A LOT of annoyances and removed some important functions - like the clipboard & Cut & Paste using the OK key to bring up the menu.
    Help?
  3. meenzal

meenzal New Member

Undoing update damage

I appreciate the tip, but I'm not an engineer and don't understand the terms used enough to even follow instructions, they may as well be written in hieroglyphs. The first thing I see in the instructions are warnings of how a slight misstep can "brick" my phone and cause Verizon and Motorola to turn their back on me. Is the only choice to start messing with things I don't understand and just hope it all works out? Isn't there some authorized process for restoring functionality that the manufacturer's updates have revoked?
  4. meenzal

meenzal New Member

Well, maybe I'll try it. I think I'll read up on it before I do though.

Thanks for the info!
  5. Wanza

Wanza New Member

Greater Seattle area, Washington State, USA
    permanently?

There are instructions for returning Doid 2.3.3 post update to "Stock" 2.2 but is it possible to then PREVENT Droid from doing another unrequested unwanted update back to 2.3.3?
  6. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

The vast majority of users here are not engineers(although developers is a more accurate term imo). It sounds like you have not even tried tbh. The tutorials like the one in my sig are very n00b friendly, and better yet, includes a video. I do not mean to be rude, but if you can't figure it out from watching a video, you need to leave your phone alone.

As for the update, I have no idea what you are referring to. Unless I missed soemthing big, there has not been any official update and I personally have never seen a rom that auto updated itself, although I suppose it could exist even though it would likley cause more problems then good.
Search tags for this page
can you undo an update on android
how do i undo an update on my droid

how to reverse android update

how to revert android update

how to undo a phone update

how to undo an android update

how to undo an update on android

how to undo android update

how to undo droid update
how to undo updates on android

reverse android update