Can I turn off 3G and just use Wifi

rho181

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz:How do you turn off the 3G so you can just use the Wifi? I have Droid 2 Global and when I go into settings and I can't seem to find anthing having to do with switching 3g to 2g to 1x and off. I want to turn it off when im using Wifi because I don't need it when I'm on Wifi. I've tried a couple of apps but they all only have the bluetooth/wifi/gps option to turn off. I found an app called Quick Settings that has an icon for 3G Mobile data that shows off but when I'm going to the Market and browsing on downloading something I see the 3 with the 2 arrows put up in the status bar letting me know it's doing 3G. Is this something done on purpose to get money from people? or is there a work around?:motdroidhoriz:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Easiest thing is to turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi.

sent from somewhere...

OP
rho181

rho181

Reaction score
Easiest thing is to turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi.

sent from somewhere...

So I can use Wifi with Airpode mode on? I'll give it a try.

Tried airport mode then turn wifi back on but then when I tried to send a text msg it said it failed because the network was unavailabled. I checked my wireless and it was still connected with a good ip :frown::frown::frown:

Last edited:
OP
rho181

rho181

Reaction score
Nevermind that was my app that uses data only and has no wifi support. I can browse the internet and download stuff from the market in airport mode with wifi on, thks so much jstafford1. Cheersdancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

whezzel

Reaction score
U could also go to wireless and networks in settings then mobile network and uncheck the 2 top options that way u stay on wifi and u can still get calls and txts if people call u

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dja328

Reaction score
go to settings>data manager>data delivery..then uncheck data and background data...and btw 3g should already turn off when wifi is on and connected

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums