Can I transfer info from my PDA (Palm Tx) to my Droid?

dreemesicle

Reaction score
I've read posts on transferring info from Palm Smartphones however can't seem to find anything for a regular PDA. I have a Palm Tx and want to transfer all my info to my Droid, such as tasks, memo's, calendar, contacts...Is this possible and if so, please tell me how...Step by step please since this is my first Smartphone and I'm still in the process of learning about my Droid.

keiichi25

Reaction score
I've read posts on transferring info from Palm Smartphones however can't seem to find anything for a regular PDA. I have a Palm Tx and want to transfer all my info to my Droid, such as tasks, memo's, calendar, contacts...Is this possible and if so, please tell me how...Step by step please since this is my first Smartphone and I'm still in the process of learning about my Droid.

The one sure fire way to transfer information from your PDA to your droid... Export your information from your Palm Desktop to CSV files. You can then log onto your G-mail account that you have assoicated with the Droid Phone and import your contacts, dates via .csv imports. The Notes and Tasks, however, are not something normally used in G-mail as far as I know, so those will not come over as a sync. You can, however, manually place information via the USB cable to the Droid and use other apps to reference those items, the only drawback is no place to 'sync' them to my understanding.

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Keiichi :)
I have one more question...How do I export the Palm desktop to CSV files? I'm a little lost here and sure could use your help:unsure:
Thanks again! Have a terrific day tomorrow Keiichi.
Tammy*

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thank you so much Vladimir...What a great link! I appreciate your help! :yr1:
Have a fantastic day tomorrow Vladimir!
Tammy*

Vladimir

Reaction score
btw I havnt dried with that palm phone in particular, but there is always a shot of doing it at a VW store :)

kevynclark

Reaction score
Hey thanks! You too!
Thanks for the info on address books... but what about transfering calenders from Palm Tungsten to new droid? I have 2 years of calender data on my palm I'd love to get onto the droid
I'm stuck and any help would be really really helpful.:)

Optimxr

Reaction score
Is there a way to transfer Palm PDA Data to Droid without using Gmail?