Can I transfer apps from my Moto Droid to my Incredible?

ksaim

Reaction score
I hope so. I can't find anything that details how I would go about it, but can someone help me or point me in the right direction?

I am getting my Incredible tonight and I want to make sure I can still have all the apps I have paid for.

Thanks for your help!!!

Droidfish

Reaction score
Your purchased apps should be remembered when you log in to google. You could use astro to back up all of them to your sd card and carry it over to the incredible(which you should do anyway since it's 16gb to increds 2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The apps go along with the phone number, so you should have no problem transferring your paid apps to your new Incredible.

OP
ksaim

ksaim

Reaction score
It was a piece of cake.

All I had to do was go into the marketplace and download the apps again. They already showed as purchased, so it was a piece of cake.

Thanks!

RML35

Reaction score
I recently broke my Moto Droid due to salt water corrosion. I have made the switch to the Incredible. I am using my old SD card in my new Incredible. The card had Astro File Manager and held most of my apps.

Once I have mounted the phone to my PC how do I go about auto-installing the apps from my card to my new phone? I would much rather not have to install each app individually. Is there a way I can just find my apps off my SD card and then copy and paste them into a directory of my Incredible's internal memory? And if so would they automatically appear on my phone's drop down menu of apps?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks

JLB09

Reaction score
I recently broke my Moto Droid due to salt water corrosion. I have made the switch to the Incredible. I am using my old SD card in my new Incredible. The card had Astro File Manager and held most of my apps.

Once I have mounted the phone to my PC how do I go about auto-installing the apps from my card to my new phone? I would much rather not have to install each app individually. Is there a way I can just find my apps off my SD card and then copy and paste them into a directory of my Incredible's internal memory? And if so would they automatically appear on my phone's drop down menu of apps?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks

great questions I will very soon be in a similar place and would hope someone might respond! I bet many here know how to achieve this.

JLB09

Reaction score
The apps go along with the phone number, so you should have no problem transferring your paid apps to your new Incredible.

^ This ^

Well it will be to a Thuderbolt or Bionic... but I guess that does mean that I will either have to write down or remember all the free Apps before I get the new phone, but the paid apps will be there for me?

smtom

Reaction score
There is no real auto install from PC. Except for an AOSP ROM, use Titanium Backup to reinstall, apps only, not any system data.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums