can i stop calendar sync?

hondaguy520

Reaction score
My calendar is eating up my battery, its using 67%!
I turn off all syncing options but the calendar is still running and my battery still draining.

Please help, my battery last 4hrs!!

butch350

Reaction score
My calendar is eating up my battery, its using 67%!
I turn off all syncing options but the calendar is still running and my battery still draining.

Please help, my battery last 4hrs!!

1 menu
2 applications
3 running services

once there you can stop apps you don't want running.

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Yea I know, but when I click on calendar it takes me to the sync menu, which I unchecked everything but there's an icon next to the calendar still spinning even when its unchecked
Wtf is going on????

butch350

Reaction score
Yea I know, but when I click on calendar it takes me to the sync menu, which I unchecked everything but there's an icon next to the calendar still spinning even when its unchecked
Wtf is going on????

Did you click applications or accounts & sync?

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
i go to applications > running services > then i click on calendarsyncaddapter and it takes me to accounts and sync settings. all the other services a screen pops up asking if i want to shut down that app. so once again i uncheck everything, but when i click to manage my gmail account sync, nothing is checked but the rotating arrows are spinning next to the calendar and the latest time it was synced is always the current time because its constantly running. when i click the calendar sync it says it sync for this item is currently disabled. which i dont understand because its obviously running , and its still at the top of the list of battery use

1. can i just remove the calendar?
2. should i try a different rom?

Last edited:

sroberts

Reaction score
I've has the same thing happen to me and went through all of the steps mentioned. No matter what, even if I got the sync to stop, it would re-start within seconds. FINALLY, when in the gmail account sync setting (contacts, gmail, calendars) I had the same spinning sync symbol next to calendar option. While it is spinning hit the menu button and you should see "cancel sync" option. When I touched "cancel", the spinning sync icon finally disappeared. Now my battery is no longer draining down like crazy. I believe this is buggy, b/c at first the symbol did not go away, but stopped spinning, and I had to activate again, and then menu/cacel sync/cancel. It worked for me.