1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I stop 3G and Signal status icons from turning green in Gingerbread 2.3.3 ?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by GeneRs, Oct 26, 2011.

1. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

Hi gang. I'm hoping a themer or two sees this and can point me in the right direction.

I have a Casio Commando that has GB 2.3.3 and is rooted. I HATE the green battery, 3G status, and signal bars in my status bar. It just looks so bad if I'm not themed up in Green colors. Would prefer all of these icons to be just white. I changed out the battery PNGs in the framework-res.apk so now my battery is just white. But I noticed that the signal bars are white within the framework-res.apk and the 3G icons aren't there at all. I've figured out that, with "Background Data" unchecked, these status icons stay white. As soon as I check "Background data", they turn green again. ( I'm guessing to show that there is syncing going on )

Can anyone tell me where in the system files to begin looking to fix this so these icons are always white? Is there an .xml file somewhere? Should I just load the icons I want into the framework-res.apk and push it back? Will those extra icons cause a bootloop? ( The Commando has NO RECOVERY as the hardware buttons don't work in recovery mode so a "backup and restore" is not possible. I'm doing everything with Root Explorer and SDK ) It MUST be possible to change these parts of the status bar as themers seem to do it all the time. ( You guys are all AWESOME BTW. )

Any help, suggestions, tutorials would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a noob at this stuff but, with no recovery, I'm trying to be as careful as possible. Don't worry. I know that everything I do is at my own risk and would not begin to try and hold anyone else responsible for advice they may give.

Thanks you guys.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry I realize this thread is from yesterday. But the pngs you are looking for are in the SystemUI.apk.
  3. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

Sweet! Thanx so much.
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

No problem!! Took me a little bit to get used to gb and them taking all the images that were in one convenient place and splitting them up into two areas.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...
Search tags for this page

3g icon not green

3g icon does not turn green

casio commando icons

commando signal green or white\

green 3g on my casio phone

how to get better signal strength for my casio commando

my 3g android is not green
my android 2.3.3 has green bars?

verizon battery signal icons glowing green

what does it mean when my 3g is green

why aren't my signal bars turning green