"Can I See Your Droid"?

Twoo

Reaction score
I don't let anyone use or touch my phone. I've always been that way. I don't like the idea of someones hands and ears all over my phone, it's repulsive.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe for some people it's just a phone. For some of us this is an extension of our personality. For others it's even like an appendage. For some of us it's much more then that. If somebody doesn't want to let someone touch it that's their business. But just a phone? This isn't just a phone to me. This is a Droid.:yeahbaby01:

fallsgable

Reaction score
I don't let anyone use or touch my phone. I've always been that way. I don't like the idea of someones hands and ears all over my phone, it's repulsive.

Ok, wow...complete left turn here....totally different rationale, totally different reasoning...

fallsgable

Reaction score
Maybe for some people it's just a phone. For some of us this is an extension of our personality. For others it's even like an appendage. :yeahbaby01:

ok...so you are compensating for something....I get it....you are right...I don't let just anyone touch my privates either...got it! :icon_ banana:

BrettjMcK

Reaction score
It's only a phone. Yea its cool and fun and people envy it but if someone needs to call someone, o will dial the number for them and hand the phone over to them. If they drop it, they will pay for the replacement. Simple as that. If i don't feel they are capable of holding a phone without dropping it, then I don't hand it over. I don't kids play with it either.

OP
CatsvsDogs

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
I think people are getting confused about the initial post. If someone needs to make a call with my phone I will gladly show them how to make a call with the phone. He was not asking to make a call. From what I gather he wanted to "play" with it. I don't find that necessary for someone that I don't know. And as was said before "what is there to see if you dont know how to use it"?

BrettjMcK

Reaction score
Ah ok well in that case I will not let someone play ethics my Droid, not because I'm having a secret love affair with but because I have ALOT of nude photos and videos of my girlfriend on it! :) Last time I let someone use it they started going through my media folders.

KevinJ

Reaction score
It might be "only a phone" to some people, but for others it's not. Also, perhaps people just don't trust others to handle their personal items with care. Everyone knows a fumblefingers. You hand them something, and they drop it. Or they mess around and break it.

I have some cameras. You could say "it's just a camera." However, I'm not going to let just anyone play with it. I don't let anyone touch my camera stuff except me.

Yeah, it's just a camera. But if I hand it to you, and you drop it -- are you going to pay $2500 to buy me a new one? No, you won't. You'll say "it wasn't my fault."

Perhaps rich people can afford a new phone all the time. I personally cannot. I got this Droid from my parents as a Christmas present. I was quite happy with my Razr, which I had for years, and still looks brand new.

As for my new phone, it now has sentimental value in it, because my mother passed away just before Christmas. This phone is the last thing she gave to me.

So in my case, everyone can keep their paws off.

texas outlaw

Reaction score
I handed mine to a complete stranger sitting next to me at a Monster truck show in Houston last week. He typed his e-mail address into my note app and handed the phone back. Of course, I saw that he too had a Droid also. He wanted me to e-mail him the photos of the show that I was taking with my Fuji camera.

OP
CatsvsDogs

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
I handed mine to a complete stranger sitting next to me at a Monster truck show in Houston last week. He typed his e-mail address into my note app and handed the phone back. Of course, I saw that he too had a Droid also. He wanted me to e-mail him the photos of the show that I was taking with my Fuji camera.

Actually this I can understand. My buddy who I was showing swype too, I have let him use mine. Thing is his wife has a droid so he knows how it works.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I tried to find swype in the market buy got nothing in the search results.

its not in the market yet. i think engadget has an article with the apk for it. im pretty sure its engadget. just try googling it