"Can I See Your Droid"?

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
So I was at a poker game at a friend's house tonight and I was showing one of my buddies the swype app (his wife has the droid and she hasn't seen it yet). A few minutes later someone that was siting close to us asked if he could see my Droid. Now I guess if I know the person I would hand them my droid, I really don't know this guy so I pretended I didn't hear him. Is that a odd reaction? It's only a stupid phone, right? Do you let semi strangers just handle your phone?

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what item it is, I don't think it's a weird reaction to deny someone you don't know to use something you own. That's my take on it and I stick to it pretty much. I wouldn't want a stranger sitting in my car unless I asked them.

Adroid91

Reaction score
If it was totally obvious that you blew him off, then maybe a little odd.. i was hesitant when i had just got my phone but that wore off after a few days..

evil_O

Reaction score
I would have kicked his chair out from under him.

Your reaction though? Not too odd... it would have been more odd if he asked a second or third time and you continued to ignore him.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At a poker game so long as he didn't place it on the table and say, "call" i probably would have let someone see it. But that's me, not judging you or anything like that. It's your Droid if you don't want to show it to somebody that's up to you.

KevinJ

Reaction score
... someone that was siting close to us asked if he could see my Droid. Now I guess if I know the person I would hand them my droid, I really don't know this guy so I pretended I didn't hear him. Is that a odd reaction? It's only a stupid phone, right? Do you let semi strangers just handle your phone?

I wouldn't have had a problem showing him the phone. If someone asked to see my phone, I'd show it off -- but I wouldn't had it to them. You could have done that.

Just like a few days ago, someone I didn't know asked to see the camera that I was using. I showed it to them, but I certainly wasn't going to hand over an expensive camera to a stranger. :)

Or to be snarky, tell the guy he doesn't have a high enough security clearance. :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've let people 'see' my Droid... and I almost inevitably get this from them.... "What did I do?" or "I don't know what happened"
They press buttons like it's a Fischer-Price toy.... I immediately remove the Droid from their possession and continue showing them the Droid in 'display' mode. Hands off! :)

donder

Reaction score
When they ask to see my Droid, I let them see it.... as I hold it and show them what it does. Simple.
I'm a middle school teacher and I get this question from students at least a couple times a week. Yeah right! This is how I usually handle it.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how well I know them. If it's a good friend, I might hand it to them. If it's an acquaintance at a poker game I wouldn't hand them the phone, I'd show them what it does. The issues with handing the phone to anybody are:

• They drop it and damage it, say "oops" and you're stuck
  • They don't know how to use it anyway.

baniels

Reaction score
If my wife has clean hands I will let her hold my Droid under close supervision.

fcw

Reaction score
Happens to me too. I usually say I normally wouldn't mind but I have a lot of confidential business material on mine (since it is so capable. You know, mini-notebook in your hand) and letting it leave my possession would violate company security policies (always seems to work). But it is your product, your money and your right to refuse anyone!