Can I recover lost pictures?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dreemesicle, Jun 13, 2010.

1. dreemesicle

dreemesicle Member

I took a bunch of pictures at a family picnic and sent each one via emai. Come to find out, the emails never went through and now my pictures are gone. Is there a way to get them back?
    Thanks a bunch! Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
    Tammy*
  2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

took the pictures with the droid or a separate camera? if with the droid, they should still be on the sd card.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Check the DCIM folder on your SD card.
  4. dreemesicle

dreemesicle Member

Thank you sooooo much! Because of you, I was able to locate my lost pictures. Thanks a bunch!!!! dancedroid Have a fantastic day tomorrow!
    Tammy*
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Glad you were able to locate your photos.

Mike
  6. LinZbee

LinZbee New Member

I just did the same thing as Tammy above, but when I looked in my DCIM folder, it's not there. I don't know how I deleted it (that must be what happened) and it was a very important photo to me. Any help at all for this situation to retrieve my photo?
    Also, shouldn't there be a warning message before something is deleted? I really needed that this time. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  7. jayb

jayb New Member

I use a program from Sandisk that is called Rescue Pro ( got it with a sandisk Extreme III card ) You can download the program ( I think for free trial ) and see if it works.

Edit
    Just checked its 40$ US ............There might be a free progra, out there that would work.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  8. LinZbee

LinZbee New Member

Thanks jayb. If I knew it would really work, I'd even buy it for the $40.00. How does it work? Is the photo really embedded somewhere in my phone?
  9. jayb

jayb New Member

It should be somewhere on your SD card. And my mom accidentally wiped a card on her camera that had some of my grandmothers 100th birthday party and we were able to recover them all.

It was very easy to use I just started it a min ago to see and it will walk you through what you need to do.

You might even be able to do it while it is still in the phone. I will check and see if I can do it without erasing stuff on mine :)
  10. jayb

jayb New Member

Yes it works and it is very easy to use.................Just pulled up all kinds of stuff I had erased. :icon_ banana:
  11. LinZbee

LinZbee New Member

Thanks so much. I am not really technically adept, so I do need the help. I got my wonderful Moto Droid in January and I love it, but I've never removed the card and wouldn't know how (even though I do know how to remove them from my camera and computer, of course). It's just very intimidating thinking I might mess up my phone somehow if I take it out without knowing the steps.
    I hope that program will find my photo.
    Is it a special edition just for smart phones or for any card? I see it comes for PC or MAC/Universal editions. Which one do you have jayb?
  12. jayb

jayb New Member

I have the windows edition. It is the 1st one on the list on the page you were looking at. It also, ( besides recovering phots ) will recovery files on computers and everything.

1. All I did was start the program.
    2. Then plugged my my phone into computer using the usb cord. ( you will have to make sure that you click on your phone to mount it.
    3. then click on recover photos . ( rescue pro program )
    4. find the file path to your phone....it sill be C,D,F something like that.
    5. let it do its thing and you will be able to save them to your computer.

You can also take the battery cover off the phone ( turn off phone 1st ) and remove the battery and then the micro sd card. But you will need an adapter to put the card from your phone in to. And you would need a card reader or if you have a laptop that has a card reader just use that.

The easiest way is to mount directly from phone to computer. Just make sure you click mount on your phone and when it come up on your computer , see where the card is mounted. ( ie computer>F ) Just click on the file path.
  13. corrinesherman39

corrinesherman39 New Member

Photo recovery

Hello,
    This is a common issue among people making use of a memory card for storage of data. It is even more common in case of photos, since majority of the data that is stored on memory cards is photos. In your case, there are very high chances that the photos, are still present on th memory card, while only the pointers have got deleted. Using a good deleted photo recovery software before its too late, can bring a smile on your face.
  14. jackthomas251

jackthomas251 New Member

Lost photos from android phone is tricky as it is not mass storage like SD card, you need to follow special step by step guide, here's a good one: android photo recovery

The guide support both android phone internal memory and SD card.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  15. asilasultan

asilasultan New Member

It is not difficult to recover lost picture from Android cell, if you are sure that you've saved these photos on the inner memory card.
    Pick out this card and connect it to a computer or laptop. (Never try to save anything else on this memory card in case of data loss.)
    Download memory card recovery software to get back your deleted data. There are numerous card recovery tools online.
    Preview the recovered data to see whether it is restored rightly.
    Save the restored pictures on a different drive or places in case of data recovery failure.
    In the future, you should learn to back up your data well.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
Search tags for this page

gmail photo recovery

gmail picture recovery

how to recover deleted photos from gmail

how to recover photos from gmail

how to recover photos from htc incredible

how to recover pictures from gmail

how to retrieve deleted photos from htc incredible
recover deleted pictures htc incredible
restore pictures from gmail
retrieve pictures from gmail