Can I read gmail on my computer?

myriad46

Reaction score
This kinda reminds me of the joke where a grandmother and grandchild are looking for the telephone, and after searching for a while, the grandson exclaims, "They should attach the phone to a table or something, so it stays in one place and you can't loose it!"

That being said, I'm terrified of the day, long from now, when my children are rolling thier eyes at my relative, techno-ignorance.

markmicallef

Reaction score
Can I read gmail on my computer?

What planet have you been living on? :icon_eek: Or what rock did just climb from under?

Wait you just woke up from a 5 year coma, I should be more sensitive.:)

canerday

Reaction score
Hey - I'm one of those non techno geeks you all laugh at. I have a regular email address at att. When I bought a new phone they set up a gmail address on it. I want to keep my old address but read the gmail on my computer. When I try the suggestions above google won't let me add my in service gmail -just keeps saying it's unavailable. Any suggestions? I don't even care if you're laughing at me!

Bratster2

Reaction score
Hey - I'm one of those non techno geeks you all laugh at. I have a regular email address at att. When I bought a new phone they set up a gmail address on it. I want to keep my old address but read the gmail on my computer. When I try the suggestions above google won't let me add my in service gmail -just keeps saying it's unavailable. Any suggestions? I don't even care if you're laughing at me!

Uhm, It sounds like you are creating a gmail account instead of logging in to an existing one.

You just want to log in with your gmail address and your password.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score

Uhm, It sounds like you are creating a gmail account instead of logging in to an existing one.

You just want to log in with your gmail address and your password.

No, it sounds like the OP has an @att address he wants to use by "tapping" the Gmail icon.....

To the OP... If you do not want to use your Gmail account for emails, the easiest way for you would be to set up the "email" on the phone. Tap the "email" (not "Gmail") icon on phone. From there, set up your AT&T account. If you need help with settings, let us know.

If you use your Gmail in addition to another account, you can set up all accounts to be opened in Gmail. I personally have 5 different email addresses. 3 are from my Internet provider, so they are @optonline accounts. 2 are Gmail accounts. ALL can be opened from the Gmail icon. All the @optonline accounts show up in my "main" Gmail inboxes. The separate Gmail accounts stay separate, and can be switched between by tapping the "mailbox" in the actual Gmail account.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Bratster2

Reaction score
No, it sounds like the OP has an @att address he wants to use by "tapping" the Gmail icon.....

To the OP... If you do not want to use your Gmail account for emails, the easiest way for you would be to set up the "email" on the phone. Tap the "email" (not "Gmail") icon on phone. From there, set up your AT&T account. If you need help with settings, let us know.

If you use your Gmail in addition to another account, you can set up all accounts to be opened in Gmail. I personally have 5 different email addresses. 3 are from my Internet provider, so they are @optonline accounts. 2 are Gmail accounts. ALL can be opened from the Gmail icon. All the @optonline accounts show up in my "main" Gmail inboxes. The separate Gmail accounts stay separate, and can be switched between by tapping the "mailbox" in the actual Gmail account.

Look at sentence #4 in what you just quoted. "Read gmail on computer"

I think OP just clicked register instead of login. Hence why it says not available for OPs email address.

canerday

Reaction score
I think Author was serious while posting this
Yes, the author was serious. I was obviously not clear with my question. I could set up a new gmail account if that's what I wanted. That's NOT what I want. I want to bring in the account that was set up for my phone. I have it on my tablet and my cell phone. I can't get it on me desktop. I can't say it any clearer. Google doesn't offer anything but a new account.

canerday

Reaction score
Look at sentence #4 in what you just quoted. "Read gmail on computer"

I think OP just clicked register instead of login. Hence why it says not available for OPs email address.

It doesn't offer login. Where is LOGIN? That's all I want to know.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not in front of pc right now, but from your Web browser, search Gmail login. It will give you a link to log in.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Go to Google.com and in upper right should be login unless someone is already logged in.
aqe2u8y6.jpg

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tap the "add account". Then you will get the choice to sign in, or create a new account. Sign in.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
My tablet has 2 Google accounts, both belonging to my daughter. (She must have used it and from a Web browser, signed in.... Puts both of her accounts on my tab.... But I digress...)

I have my tablet set to desktop mode, so I can see what you see on your pc....

I opened Google (www.google.com)

There is the sign in tab. When I tap it, it brings up the same page you posted, but I can tap on either of her account. Mine isn't listed, as I am on tablet or phone, and Gmail is already there as an app.... But I digress again...

From there (on sane page), I tap "add account". Now I get the choice to sign in, or create an account. If I sign in, there is a button on top with 9 squares. If you tap that, there is all my email from my Gmail account.

Hope this helps...

u9ezyreh.jpg