can i password protect my pics/vids?

daniels2386

Reaction score
I know there is a way to lock your phone from the get go, but is there,an app to protect certain things like messages, pictures, etc...my buddy had something on his iPhone that looked cool is why i ask...thanks

Reaction score
You can lock certain pics and vids with PhotoVault and VideoVault, they both work great :). I'm not sure what to do about messages, I erase mine after each conversation.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of competing apps (apparently from a falling out among a common set of developers) called "App Protector" and "Protector" that enable the user to not only password protect files but also applications, (e.g. messaging, email.) Essential for those using the Droid in a corporate environment where security of email is important.

Protector Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Or you can just make them hidden files by adding a "." before the file name

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the . approach. Sticking a .nomedia file in folders that you don't want to show up in the Gallery works though.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Aah I see. I had an app that did that to mine and they wouldn't show unless I went to that app. I forgot what its called though

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!