Can I overclock my Bionic?

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I'm running th3eory's purity 2.4 and I'd like to overclock my Bionic. Not that it really needs it, I remember overclocking my original Moto Droid and my R2D2, and had fun doing it.
I've look around some and have not had any luck with the Bionic.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC, from my own little world, using DroidForums! LOL

gmorgan056

Reaction score
The only way you can overclock is with an unlocked bootloader. Unfortunatley the Bionic's is locked. So until it get's cracked, or a miracle happens and Big Red unlocks it, we won't be able to do that.

dB Zac

Reaction score
that is not true. the droid x and droid 2 bouth have locked bootloaders and have beeen overclocked

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
?

that is not true. the droid x and droid 2 bouth have locked bootloaders and have beeen overclocked

I wondered if that were true. Both my R2D2 Droid2 and my Thunderbolt were locked, had to boostrap them both to get into recovery. And I was able to overclock both of them.

skruid

Reaction score
My droid 2 global is overclocked as I type, and undervolted at the same time, just needs an app that will load the overclocking module, I use millstone overclock and works good, not sure if it will work on bionic

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
Droid2 global has a locked bootloader

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

denpth

Reaction score
The app will not work on bionic however there is another way it seems if we dissasemble the kernel and add a module just in the same way milestone overclock does. The instructions can be found on the dev site for milestone overclock. The only thing that will br difficult is.adapting the code to the.bionic. But once that is done boom overclocked. Though.for everyones reference this is.not a permanent overclock its done at runtime. So if you dont run the program built it wont work everytime you reboot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wondered if that were true. Both my R2D2 Droid2 and my Thunderbolt were locked, had to boostrap them both to get into recovery. And I was able to overclock both of them.

The Thunderbolt has a locked but unencrypted bootloader so it is easily unlocked. The X, 2 and D2G have locked bootloaders also, but are overclockable. I don't know if there is hope for the D2, Bionic, Razr in that department because I don't know if they are locked even more. I do know there is nothing really out there yet to do it.

Boot Manager

denpth

Reaction score
With patience it can be done I just dont have time milestone overclock wiki describes how.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
With patience it can be done I just dont have time milestone overclock wiki describes how.

What if we got some money together? ..i bet alot of ppl would like to oc and embarrass some other similiar unnamed phones.. anyone with thes3 type of sk1lls interested? :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

denpth

Reaction score
Ill have time soon to get started on this. I can pretty much bs my way through this. Ill post soon on how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Ill have time soon to get started on this. I can pretty much bs my way through this. Ill post soon on how to do it.

You are a god among men sir.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

oscarod

Reaction score

I'll give you my firstborn! ;)

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
This would be awesome