Can I opy/paste a long text thread?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bilglas, Apr 23, 2014.

1. bilglas

bilglas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a pretty LONG text-message thread on my Razr. My goal is to copy the entire thread into a single text file. Is there a way to copy/paste an entire text thread? Or.... does this text thread exist, unencrypted, somewhere on my SD card, so I could save a copy of that FILE?

I would LOVE it if somebody has a solution for this, but I sure couldn't find it on my own.

Thanks!!

2. mslaceyrose

mslaceyrose Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    I don't know which messaging app you're using, but with GoSms Pro, tapping the menu key brings up an option to backup to the SD card. I haven't used it, so I'm not sure what kind of file it would be saved as, but maybe look through your messaging app's settings and menu and see if you have a save/backup option. There are usually options available if you long-press a thread in the message list as well.

3. bigmatt503

bigmatt503 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Worst case.... You could screen shot it and save it in Google drive... Don't know forsure

Sent from my ROOTED HTC DROID DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

4. VoiceGuy

VoiceGuy Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This might get you close to what you want. Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup your texts. Transfer the backup XML file to a PC and open it. You could then copy and paste it into a doc.