Can I name my Nandroid Backups anything?

PEIwoman

Reaction score
Hello all,

Lurking Newb finally writing in. Love, love this forum.

What a treasure. Thanks to all who contribute so we can play with our phones!

So I have backed up my phone using Nandroid and SPRecovery, twice. Nice insurance.

None of the folders or files are dated, so I would like to name my folders from BDS-19700101-0000 and BDS-19700101-0005 to something meaningful to me so I know which one I might want to restore to.

Is this possible, or will I lose my ability to perform a Nandroid restore?

Thank you in advance,

PEI

sid_wisc

Reaction score
The best way to do this is to do it on your computer. I believe that you have ROM Manager installed, if not install the free version at least from the Market...

Then when you have the phone hooked to the computer and you can read it as a drive on your computer, go to that drive (on mine it is G) G> clockworkmod> backup
there you will have all your backups that you made using Nandroid... Rename it as you wish just do not have any spaces in between the name otherwise it will not work

There..... You are done!

OP
PEIwoman

PEIwoman

Reaction score
thanks sid wisc. there's more...

Okay, so I can change the folder name in Windows like I would with any folder in Windows (XP or Win7).

What would I need ROM Manager for?

Noob question, eh?dancedroid

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Yes you can change the name as you change name for any other file on XP or Win7 nothing different. About your question about ROM Manager, it can do a lot of things like flashing alternate recovery, flashing different ROMs, applying ROMs or themes from SD card etc. (a lot of time the available material is a little old and not always everything is available) but overall it helps to a great extent.. You can read a little more about ROM manager here Android Quick App: ROM Manager | Android Central

Enjoy!