Can I master this keyboard, have you?

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I don't have the dedication to learn using the physical keyboard when I've been typing great from the start with the virtual.

searayman

Reaction score
i used to only use the virtual keyboard and then Google voice app broke and i was stuck using the physical keyboard and now can not go back to the virtual and type a heck of a lot faster on the physical keyboard

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
Physical took about two weeks for me to get used to. at first it was an utter disaster... now i type better on it than on the virtual keyboard

Is there any one tip you can give that you think made you better?

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
My hands could hold our entire galaxy iin them and I have no problem with the physical keyboard. The virtual... well, I can't stand it. Just personal preference. The supposed flatness actually helps me, I feel it makes me much more efficiant with my typing speed and I am far more versed to using it than I have been with any other phone before. There IS a learning curve, but hey- this isn't the iPhone crowd, we don't mind the "responsibility" it takes to be able to customize/master a technologically marvelous device =P

My advice? Don't lift youtpr thumbs from the keyboard. Slide around, applying pressure to the keys you want to hit, and rolling along adjescent keys for maximum efficiency.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I never use the horizontal virtual keyboard for anything -- I always slide the phone open and use the physical keyboard...

The only time I use a virtual keyboard is when I'm in the Market App, and I need to search for something -- I hit the Search button, and the vertical virtual keyboard pops up automatically, so I use it because it's there, and I'm usually only typing in one or two words to search for anyway. But that's the only time I ever use any virtual keyboard of any type on my Droid. All other times I use the physical keyboard...

I've definitely gotten used to the small keys on the physical keyboard -- I don't type 100% error-free, but then again, I don't type 100% error-free on my computer's keyboard either, so... The lack of Predictive Text while using the physical keyboard has never bothered me... (Yes, I saw the post that allows you to enable Predictive Text while using the Physical Keyboard... But I probably won't bother with it, because I don't feel like I need it...)

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
I was used to a tiny LG virtual keyboard. The Droid virtual keyboard is so huge and easy to use by comparison that the only time I use the slide out is to play games. I do like it, and am failry quick on it, Im just so used to the virtual that I use it without even thinking.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I use the virtual alot. Only because I have time to type the message. If I am in a hurry and need the accuracy I use the physical keyboard. I love the physical keyboard but use the others when the message is short.

wil318466

Reaction score
I use the virtual almost exclusively. It works great and there is actually NO need for the regular keyboard... but its nice to have a choice and its not bad for when playing games on the SNES emulator. heh.

I think my problem with the physical keyboard is my hands are kinda small, so my right thumb doesn't reach over very well to hit certain keys. Funny, right? People with big hands have problems, but so do people with small hands.

-Wil