Can i make apk's from 1.7 work on 12.3?

GeneRs

Reaction score
Hi gang

I gave up on 1.7 release because I was having themeing issues. ( Couldn't get it to recognize themes that I created. Then launcher f/c when I cheated and threw the files in someone elses zips )

I really like the launcher transitions on 1.7 but can live without them. What id REALLY like are the MIUI gallery, camera, and file explorer from 1.7. I installed them all using root explorer. Camera seems to work. File explorer f/c on start. Gallery opens,shows me files, and then f/c when I select a pic. It DOES let me long press and apply pics as wallpaper or make them hidden. Just won't open them full screen.

Is there any way to make these apps work on older versions of MIUI or am I SOL? Any ideas or tips would be appreciated.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you could. I've used apks from MIUI for other ROMs. Not all worked though since it's built for MIUI but as long as you have the MIUI build I think it will work fine. Tried the newest release?

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Have you tried v1.1.14.1?

No. Can I ask why? Better luck with themeing? Just couldn't get 1.7 to recognize my themes and didn't feel right about hijacking someone elses zip to use them. I couldn't even change the name of the zips after putting my files in them and have 1.7 recognize them. Not sure what the deal was but...

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. Can I ask why? Better luck with themeing? Just couldn't get 1.7 to recognize my themes and didn't feel right about hijacking someone elses zip to use them. I couldn't even change the name of the zips after putting my files in them and have 1.7 recognize them. Not sure what the deal was but...

Well, usually the next release is better for the most part. But, people are still having theme manager trouble. I loaded a theme just fine without any problem. But, others are getting stuck at 0/10, getting occasional force closes, who knows. But, you might have a better time with it. If not, you can always restore or whatever you feel like doing at that point. Doesn't hurt to try:)

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score

Well, usually the next release is better for the most part. But, people are still having theme manager trouble. I loaded a theme just fine without any problem. But, others are getting stuck at 0/10, getting occasional force closes, who knows. But, you might have a better time with it. If not, you can always restore or whatever you feel like doing at that point. Doesn't hurt to try:)

Tru dat. Maybe I'll give it a run when I get home from work.