1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I make a custom receive-text-ringtone override the quiet mode on Droid?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by bprutzman, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bprutzman

bprutzman New Member

Hello folks!

I'm a college professor. My college uses a notification system called e2campus to notify me when there is a weather (or other) emergency causing a disruption to my class schedule. While I teach I have my Droid in quiet mode so I receive no audio or vibration notifications. Audio is a no no! And receiving a vibration in my pocket during a lecture distracts me and makes me want to look at my phone. So my Droid life must be put on pause while I lecture. HOWEVER, when I receive a notification from e2campus I need to know about it immediately even if I am teaching class at the time.

So my question is how can I customize my text message notification just from e2campus so that it overrides my phone's settings and sends me audio and vibrational notifications from that one contact no matter what mode my phone is set to? On my blackberry I used to do this with an "exception".

If it helps, I currently am not rooted and I use handcent as my SMS application.

Thank you for all responses.
Search tags for this page

applicationa that override silent ringtone

can i set an emergency tone on galaxy s3

can you make a ringtone a text alert on a android thunderbol

how to make your iphone music quiet when you receive a text

how to put thunderbolt on silent mode

how to receive text messages from favorites while on silent

how to silent a text alert from just one contact on razor ma

recieving text tones in silent mode

ringtone override