can I listen through my Bluetooth using. Razr

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by frisbear, Nov 14, 2012.

1. frisbear

frisbear New Member

Is this possible?
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

As long as your Bluetooth headset is A2DP compatible, yes. I often listen to streaming audio over my Jawbone Icon Bluetooth earpiece.
  3. frisbear

frisbear New Member

I have a plantronics 510. How can I tell if this allows it? I am not a techie.....so please keep it simple.
  4. FoxKat

OK, according to this thread Routing audio to Bluetooth Headset (non-A2DP) on Android - Stack Overflow, your headset doesn't support the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), sending all audio from the Bluetooth host to the Bluetooth client - i.e. phone to headset. See Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more information. In its stock mode, it can only receive audio meant to have come from the "phone", or phone call audio.

The guy in the first link above was trying to figure out how to essentially hack the Android OS to make it do just what you want. There may have been some success, however the link below is for a product (app) that apparently is able to software hack the OS into "fooling" it, thereby sending "other" audio sources through the portal that only phone call audio is supposed to pass through to Bluetooth headsets that aren't A2DP compatible. The link has a "trial" free version to try it and see if it works for your phone and headset before you pay for the full version. Give it a try. Otherwise, it's time to upgrade to A2DP technology, another headset.

Teksoft - Future Teknology

Good luck! :biggrin:
  5. xtor

xtor Well-Known Member

You think they would made a way to switch stereo to mono, so any Bluetooth could be used for music or videos and police scanner aps, i know i wanted this on my old dx, but never found a way to pull it off

point of origin
  6. FoxKat

The problem is not that it's stereo going to mono. The issue is that the Bluetooth profile of the headset was never designed to support audio from any other source except the phone's audio source. The tool above essentially ports the other audio sources through the Phone's audio port, thereby fooling the Bluetooth profile in the phone into playing the audio as though it were a phone call. From what I've seen this tool (app) above would work with many phones that didn't have A2DP built in, but there are others as well which may provide similar functionality;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEwMiwiY29tLklHLkJsdWV0b290aE1hbmFnZXJJQ1MiXQ..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmJlZG9pZy5CVG1vbm8iXQ..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...iY29tLm9tZXJjYWRlLlNvdW5kUm91dGVTd2l0Y2hlciJd
  7. xtor

xtor Well-Known Member

Thanks foxkat, i went with btmono on my razr, works great, tried it on netflix, and scanner radio and it worked perfect.

point of origin
Search tags for this page

can i get an ear peice for my galaxy prevail

can i play music on droid razr through bluetooth

can i use my bluetooth to listen to music from my droid razr
can razr recieve audio via bluetooth
droid maxx non a2dp headset
droid razr a2dp compliant
droid razr maxx audio through bluetooth only
how to listen to bluetooth using a scanner
how to listen to music razr maxx with bluetooth
how to listen to videos with my galaxy s4 through my blue to