Can i install swype on TB

kdw11005

Reaction score
Someone told me i can go to the htc website & install swype that way. I didn't see anyway to do that. Is there a way to get swype on my TB?

Reaction score
Someone told me i can go to the htc website & install swype that way. I didn't see anyway to do that. Is there a way to get swype on my TB?

Not HTC's website, you have to go to Swype's website to download the Beta. You could also try SlideIt, which is very similar.

Note for using Swype, you have to enable it again after each time you reset the phone for some reason. To do this, open your messaging app, open a message, long press the text box to bring up Input Method, select Touch Input, then repeat this process and select Swype. I don't think SlideIt has this problem.

Last edited:
OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I will try slideit!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
Wow. Swype made me think too much. I didn't find it intuitive at all. I installed Swiftkey which works really well...until I go to landscape mode. Apparently that's quite a problem on a number of phones. It basically makes it unusable. I prefer typing emails and anything of length landscape vice portrait but Swiftkey takes over the entire screen.

I really hope they get it resolved soon. I'm glad I was able to use a trial version first or I'd be a little upset. It's not a lot of money but it's certainly something that shouldn't be an issue.

stopswitch

Reaction score
I've tried to use every keyboard out for my thunderbolt, swipe, swiftkey, gingerbread kb, sense, all of them. Swype was alright but it has so many bugs that it was practically unusable, needing to be reset every reboot was driving me nuts. So I finally tried SlideIT and have had nothing but good luck