can i install froyo without track ball

nightwinger5

Reaction score
my htc eris doesn't have a trackball that works. is there a way to in stall froyo with out power+up. and for some reason rom manger doesn't work. can any one help. even beter if a person has an eris for part i will buy it at a reasonable price.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried to insert your usb plug about halfway and trying your trackball? It is a common issue, and an easy work around to try. As far as I know, you need the trackball to navigate the recovery menu.

OP
N

nightwinger5

Reaction score
the whole board that has the usb and track ball is broken luckly that individual part is replaceable. don't ask how it charges a might make avideo about how to do it later.

kkeys147

Reaction score
Wiggling the usb plug and or squeezing the case around the area is the only work around I've found also.

I've replaced the trackball unit and cleaned the area internally, but it doesn't seem to help me much.

Now I've stopped receiving text messages; but can't reflash or wipe any caches.

Spent 20 minutes last night and never could get it to scroll down far enough to wipe.

Sorry I can't be helpful, I'm in feel sorry for myself and complain mode...

OP
N

nightwinger5

Reaction score
the problem isn't the track ball it is that i cant instal froyo v39. rom manager doesn't restart my phone like it should.are there any other apps that load roms? and yes it is rooted i use titanium back up on a dayly bases.