Can I go from Sholes to BB or any other rom?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tu3218, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My guess is that I could but I'm not quite sure. I would like to try some other roms and themes to get a different look for my droid. So is this possible? and where should I start? I'm thinking all I need to do is physically put the rom on my phone an flash it. But I figured I'd ask the knowledgeable ones before I do anything lol

2. joeymoose

joeymoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can easily download the Nandriod backup and put it into your NANDRIOD FOLDER, make sure to put the folder that is already in there onto your desktop for safe keeping...

3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah you can since the Sholes app gave you root and SPRecovery, you can now do anything!!! lol But yeah just download the nandroid of the ROMs you want, extract them on your computer, and place it in your nandroid folder......

Reboot into recovery on your phone, and wipe data and cache, and restore that nandroid you downloaded

4. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    alright cool. Now I went to the nandroid folder on my phone through astro and there are 3 folders that say preinstall-BDS an then a bunch of numbers. Then inside each of those individual folers there is "boot, data, nandroid, system". Are those 3 folders my 3 roms? My backup(original), 2.0.3, an then 2.05? Thanks