Can I get some real advise from the Razr Maxx community?

702mike

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have had my time with all the big 3 Verizon phones. I started with the Gnex and the Razr 32gig went to my lady. My Gnex was buggy as the rumors are ALL true. But then again her Razr ear piece speaker and hand set literally quit working and she could only use the phone if set to speaker. We returned both phones and we both ran the Rezound for a full 2 weeks. I just returned mine, she loves the Rezound and had no problems keeping it. I decided to give the Razr Maxx a try for myself and I was wondering what to look for or expect as far as bugs go with this phone. Im not sure about even upgrading at this point, what's going on with the " best android phones on the market"? If foxfi didn't matter so much to me and I was an HTC Sense guy, I would have dealt with the only bug in the phone where the clock randomly becomes an hour early, oh and the GPS doesn't really lock on well.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I haven't found any bugs with the Maxx. The only down is the Pen tile screen, when reading text and menus it obvious but for video and pics the
display is great. (The display also gets washed out in the bright sun.)
I've never had any data drops that didn't correct them selves in seconds. Once while down loading an update I was on 4G I walked further into the building it
went to 3G and after turning a corner behind a steel door it went 1x, but never quit the down load.
Speaker phone is a little quiet, music sounds great though. BT pairing is very good but I've had a few mysterious disconnects but who hasn't?
Hand feel is great, the Verizon basket weave 1/2 case works very well.
If you get a dock make sure that you get the Maxx version not the Razr ones, they don't necessarily fit, trust but verify.
If you can't get 10-12 hours of hard use on one charge, you're doing it wrong.
Smart Actions while not perfect should be on every smart phone made.
IMHO

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I had a Razr since launch - the only issue I truly had was data drops when the first OTA was pushed...after that, I upgraded manually to 2.3.6 and data drops were nonexistent. I then upgraded to the Maxx for the larger battery - I put my phone screen on full brightness and love the display - it works well outside and the battery life is great.

Good luck and I hope the phone works out for ya!

huskur

Reaction score
The Razr Maxx is a stellar phone. The battery life is just like its stated by 99% of the other users. I go between 32 and 48 hours between charges and that is using the phone for what it is. I make calls, use the web, text like crazy, pandora an hour or so a day and facebook is running all the time along with scoremobile. I have no issues with the screen at all. Even in the sun. I have it set to auto-adjust for light and it works well. I recommend the otterbox commuter case. Get that and you are set! You will love the Maxx. I went from a OG droid to a Droid X to a iPhone (what a disaster and currently for sale on ebay) to the Droid 4 (which i returned--6-8 hours of battery life is NOT acceptable) to the Razr Maxx. I cannot find anything to complain about with this phone yet. :biggrin:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only bug I've noticed is a very rare missed text. I missed a couple of texts from my wife. Her Maxx shows they were sent, but they never showed up on my phone. It's only been from my wife's phone...maybe that's not a bug, but a good thing. "Sorry honey, I never got your text about going shopping so I went golfing instead" Can we make this a Smart Action?? Settings>smart actions>ignore wife's texts when golf tee time shows in calendar.

OP

702mike

Reaction score
Thanks all for your responses, I have been running my Droid X for almost 2 years and looking back its been a great phone. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the Maxx. Some how I knew I'd end up with another Moto, hopefully its as good as the last :biggrin:

Madzillah

Reaction score
The known speaker hardware issue is a PIA. Apparently (according to a quick google search) to get all that awesomeness in that tiny space they had to sacrifice a screw to the speaker and it will occassionally cause some units to lose connection to speakers.

It happened to me; I'm on phone number 2 since buying the first in March. I hate using cases so I don't. Gorilla glass AND Kevlar should protect it just fine and I don't like huge bricks in my pocket...I LIKE that it's small and thin!

Love the battery. Love the screen/resolution. Haven't rooted yet (newbie fear....but I just backed up in preparation...) but really like ICS over GB so far. YAY GLOBAL ability)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums madzilla! Some have reported the faulty speaker problem which is a razr defect. Thankfully (knock on wood) I have been lucky. I do use a gel case and screen protector bc I am not perfect and worry about the accidental drop. I do as a matter of course for all my phones because these phones are a major expense. Gorilla glass is good but not full proof. I probably love my razr better than any phone I've had... absolutely no problems and also really like ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
I would at least try out a thin tpu case, minimal and thin. If you hate it, dump it but the last thing you need is a shattered gorilla screen :)

Googorola MAXX

wsmitty

Reaction score
Love it

I love my razr Maxx. Good battery life. Haven't had many issues. Plenty of storage and all around great phone. This is my first smart phone. Best choice I've made.

I love having the car dock with it. I use it frequently.

And this forum is excellent for when you want to learn something new, need help or help someone else out.