Can I get Car Home 2.1 on FroYo?

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by ohioDroid, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ohioDroid

ohioDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - technically, it's the unix/linux command. You should be able to use chmod to check the permissions on the existing files and the modify the permissions on the new one you're introducing to match.

2. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    EDIT 2: So I repeated the process on my dad's Droid with the CarHome.apk that worked on my Droid but had the exact same problem as I was having originally with the Car Home icon showing up in the Notification bar but no actual home screen. Sooo I don't think the problem had to do with the CarHome.apk version...but I don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: Disregard below...got it working! I used the CarHome.apk from your link above and it worked...the one I had downloaded from Peter Alfonso's deodexed ESE81 wasn't working for some reason. Thanks for the help :)

----------------------------------
    Hmm...I think I did something wrong.

I added .bak extensions to the CarHomeGoogle files, downloaded the deodexed CarDock.apk, renamed it to CarHomeGoogle.apk, put it in the /system/app folder with Root Explorer, and changed the permissions to match. Now when I press the Car Home icon, it shows up in the notification bar and the screen stays illuminated but the actual Car Home home screen doesn't show up.

:confused:

I am using the odexed FRG22 ROM from here (P3Droid) and I downloaded the deodexed CarHome.apk from here (Peter Alfonso)

Here's a screenshot of the relevant files in Root Explorer. Any idea what the problem could be?

[​IMG]

#26 r314bd, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  3. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I spoke too soon. OPs instructions work to an extent; when I place my phone in the car dock, both the 2.1 and 2.2 steering wheel icons show up in the notification bar. Plus the on-screen keyboard doesn't work (used to in 2.1)

Grrrr why did they have to mess up the 2.2 car dock so badly

4. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    FINALLY figured out a decent workaround to take care of the screen timeout issue.

Download Locale + Locale Dock Condition (by Jamie Countryman). $9.99 in the market (or free if you're a pirate which I in no way condone or endorse.) I set the Dock condition as screen timeout = never and the Default condition as screen timeout = 1 minute. Works perfectly on FRG22D.

#28 r314bd, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010