Can I get an update on my Samsung Fascinate, without service?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thatjanellegirl, Jun 14, 2012.

1. thatjanellegirl

thatjanellegirl New Member

I'm going to make this as simple as possible, because I'm not a big tech person. I've had no service on my phone for about 6 months now and have just been using wifi, basically like a mini laptop in my hand. Is there any way I can get a system update without me having service? And how would I go about doing this? My phone is super slow and lagging and I'm thinking with an update it'll be faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
  2. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus New Member

I don't think a update would help because I believe if there was an update out when on wifi it would be pushed to your phone. You could try rooting an romming your phone but back everything up if you have pics or music you want saved. Idk how hard it is to root that phone but it could help you. also a simple factory data reset might as well but that will delete everything as well.
  3. thatjanellegirl

How do I root my phone? I already did a factory reset like a month ago and that didn't really do much.
  4. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

If your phone is not on VZ's service any longer it would not get updates pushed to it even if you're connected to wifi. Check your phone's forum here or over on XDA and Rootzwiki to see if there is an update available that you can download and what Roms are available. Odds are that Cyanogen Mod or MIUI will give you the most stability. Post if you have any other questions but truth is that you'll get the best info from other users with your phone.

Also, please search the forums thoroughly before you ask any questions if you go on XDA or Rootz because if you ask something that is easily found or frequently asked you'll either get no help or get flamed, so just a friendly heads-up ;)

MIUI tested, mother approved.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  5. thatjanellegirl

Cool. Thanks :D
Search tags for this page

can you update a phone without service

can you update android without service

how to update a phone without service

how to update android phone without service
how to update android without service
how to update my samsung fascinate

how to update phone without service

how to update samsung fascinate without service

update android without service

update fascinate without service

update phone without service

what system would my samsung galaxy fascinate have if i updated it to the latest one