Can i get a phone thats the size of a phone!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Lol. I'd like to see you shove that bionic plus case in your pocket wearing jeans. And before the skinny jean jokes start I'm talking about relaxed fit jeans that most people wear. Not skinny jeans or MC hammer pants.

I hear ya. I have a Droid X with Trident case. It is basically the size of a brick.

PS I hope you are not dissing on Hammer pants, comfy and convenient :)

REMilk

Reaction score
Is anyone else annoyed about the size of all the new android phones coming out? If I wanted a tablet I would buy one! Lol. Yes I have seen the razr and it is very thin but the length and width is huge. One major point iPhone users have is that the iPhone can fit in your pocket and be unnoticed. The last android phone of this size was the dinc2. All I want is a phone the size of a D2 with the thickness of a razr!! Is that so much to ask? End rant.

What makes you think that the D2 is the perfect size? I know folks that think the D2 is too big and want smaller.

We have choices that each can male for our phone. This makes us a great country.

Bob

OP
Htown315

Htown315

Reaction score
Never said the D2 was the perfect size in fact I clearly said I wish it was thinner. Actually we dont have choices if you want a highend phone atm you are stuck with "phablet". At least on vzw. Reading Comprehension Ftw.

PatG

Reaction score
Still got the OG; I bought it when it first came out. The ONE reason I haven't gotten a new phone is the screen size. I like the size of the OG and wouldn't mind going to a 4" screen. But beyond that is just uncomfortable. I like to keep the phone in my front pocket. I also don't agree that you should get a phone that supports LTE. It's not available at work or my house, so why bother. It won't be available in 2012. I also don't watch movies or stream TV shows on my phone.

So I am looking a the iPhone, but I do use the Navigation App quite a bit and would miss it. Maybe I'll buy an Incredible 2 of eBay. There is a market for people with a 4" screen, but it seems we aren't going to get one.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still got the OG; I bought it when it first came out. The ONE reason I haven't gotten a new phone is the screen size. I like the size of the OG and wouldn't mind going to a 4" screen. But beyond that is just uncomfortable. I like to keep the phone in my front pocket. I also don't agree that you should get a phone that supports LTE. It's not available at work or my house, so why bother. It won't be available in 2012. I also don't watch movies or stream TV shows on my phone.

So I am looking a the iPhone, but I do use the Navigation App quite a bit and would miss it. Maybe I'll buy an Incredible 2 of eBay. There is a market for people with a 4" screen, but it seems we aren't going to get one.

I highly recommend the Inc 2 - I think it's the best 3G phone on the market. It also gets the best battery life out of every Android phone I've ever owned, easily on par or better than the iPhone 4. Unless the slideout keyboard is a must for your, the Inc2 is truly an "incredible" phone... (pardon the inevitable pun!)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The size....the size...

Whats funny is I got the Moto E815 cuz at the time....it had a screen that was bigger than most phones.
I got the Omnia 1 for the same reason.
I got the Droid 1 for the same reason.

I agree some of the sizes can be different to deal with. I had a Droid X and just got the RAZR. The size isnt an issue. I held a EVO 4G and the size isnt an issue. Same for the Bionic. Bigger screens does have some advantages IMO:

Better browsing
Better game playing
Better video and pic viewing
Better for editing documents or just trying to do real work on your phone.

I honestly feel for multi media purposes a bigger screen is better. I think the max I could do is 4.5", 4.6".... 4.0" is the lowest now. The RAZR is a lil wider n taller than the DX and its not even noticeable to me. I think the thinness of the RAZR helps me not notice it. Whats happening is as more ppl start doing more with these phones companies realize the advantages of a bigger screen. It also helped that the EVO 4G and Droid X were top selling phones of 2010, early 2011.

Its like this...for me I have a very beat up Droid X and a better looking Droid 1. I will try my best to get a replacement DX before trying to use my Droid 1 as a back up phone, music player. I didnt have a choice before, now that I do I dont even wanna use my Droid 1 if I dont have to.